Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

i spent all night maiing two different models in sketchup free.  i saved both with their own name.  i cannot find them and am very angry.  please help

• 1.  i spent all night maiing two different models in sketchup free.  i saved both with their own name.  i cannot find them and am very angry.  please help

Posted 01-09-2018 17:48

please help me find the models I made in sketchup free all last night.

• 2.  Re: i spent all night maiing two different models in sketchup free.  i saved both with their own name.  i cannot find them and am very angry.  please help

Posted 01-09-2018 20:05

Hello Amos,

I would like to reach out to you and hope the follow instructions could help. To view the SketchUp model that was created and saved on SketchUp web app, you can view and edit model directly on SketchUp app or view the SketchUp model using Trimble Connect 3D viewer.

SketchUp web app:

1. Open my SketchUp app - https://app.sketchup.com/app
    2. Open model by clicking '☰' icon on the top left corner of the page.
    3. Sign in to your account.
    4. Select "Trimble Connect" tab on the left panel and select the project that stored the model.
    5. Browse to the .skp file and click 'Open' model.
    6. Model will be loaded on SketchUp app viewer and available in edit mode as well.

Trimble Connect web app:

1. Open Trimble Connect app - https://app.connect.trimble.com
    2. Sign in to Trimble Connect with your account.
    3. After signed in to Trimble Connect, select project and browse to the project file. Select the model and click download to the local drive.
    4. If you would like to view the model on Trimble Connect 3D viewer, please re-upload the model back to Trimble Connect project to have file's 3D viewer get generated and complete the process.

Please contact us by email connect-support@trimble.com if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
    Fern Udomrasami

• 3.  Re: i spent all night maiing two different models in sketchup free.  i saved both with their own name.  i cannot find them and am very angry.  please help

Posted 01-12-2018 00:31

You may get an error message if you want to log in to the SkechUp app.
    This has to do with the Brwoser blocking the popup that wants to be opened. In this popup is the login page.

Under Chrome you can release this pop directly in the address line.
    Block or allow pop-ups in Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help 

With the InternetExplorer you will see a message in which you can open the popup.

The PopUp look like this: