Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I can't create a project with personal version

• 1.  I can't create a project with personal version

Posted 03-27-2018 18:41

I'm trying to create a project. I went to Trimble Connect portal and signed in with my Google account. I saw that there were zero projects in my list. So I clicked on the "Create Project" button. At this point I was told:

Upgrade Account

Please upgrade your account to create more projects. If you have been assigned a license logout and login to use your license.

But I don't want to upgrade; I only need one project (this is allowed for a personal license as described here: Trimble Connect  ) Now I can't save my Sketchup file anywhere. I can't download it or export it to CAD format or save it anywhere else. I worked for an hour on this file and now I have to throw it away.

This whole thing sounds like a scam.

• 2.  Re: I can't create a project with personal version

Posted 03-27-2018 19:30

Hi there, 

Trimble Connect user with personal account should be able to create 1 new project without receive warning message. For this case, would you be able to submit ticket to Trimble Connect support channel by email connect-support@trimble.com? So that we can follow up with you further on this issue.

If you can't save model by creating new project on SketchUp Free app, try click model menu (Folder icon) next to save button and select "Download". Model will be downloaded as SketchUp file to your local drive and get backup. Hope this could help.

Sketchup download

Best Regards,
    Fern Udomrasami

• 3.  Re: I can't create a project with personal version

Posted 03-27-2018 23:53

Hi there,

Would you be able to try logout and then log back in to SketchUp Free app again to review if you can create new project and save model under your account?

Thanks,

Fern