Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

To-Do Comment Notifications

• 1.  To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 12-12-2017 09:51

When a To-Do is assigned to a person or persons, the notification settings can be set to allow that person to get an email. That's good. There does not seem to be a way to control the settings so that only the team members associated with a To-Do are notified. This is imperative so as to allow person to person communication through To-Dos to resolve issues. (i.e. I want to be notified if someone comments on a To-Do I created or was assigned to, but not for comments on To-Dos I am not involved with.)

Thanks,  

• 2.  Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 12-17-2017 20:16

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your feedback. We are working on this concern and we will keep you posted on the support case we have created for you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other feedback.

Best Regards,

Fern Udomrasami

• 3.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 12-01-2021 11:35
    Hi, 

Has this issue been resolved?

------------------------------
    Mario Carrascal

• 4.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 12-01-2021 21:40
    Hi Mario,
    The changes requested earlier are in our backlog.

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 5.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 09-18-2022 10:57
    Anything new on this? I agree with Ryan, more sophisticated settings for notifications are imperative.

Martin Holøymoen

• 6.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 09-18-2022 22:15
    Hi Martin, 
    There are no updates.

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 7.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Darshan,

Is there any updates on this? I know To-Do's will be replaced with Topics soon but same issue in both, notifications for comments need to go to only the members on that particular topic/to-do. We are finding because of the inability to do this members of are team are avoiding topics and reverting back to email to solve issues.

Conan Mulholland

• 8.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Conan,

Sorry to note that your team is facing issues due to this.We are stopping any changes to Todos behavior. 

I will take this feedback for BCF Topics  team so that they can target and improve the behavior.  

cc// @Jari Juntunen

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 9.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 2 days ago

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  Your request  "Allow person to person communication through BCF Topics  to resolve issues. (i.e. I want to be notified if someone comments on a Topic I created or was assigned to, but not for comments on Topics I am not involved with.)"  is identified as a new feature request for the Trimble Connect platform Notifications subsystem. 

If I may ask a follow-up question, would you find "@mentions" useful in context of BCF Topics comments? Meaning that if you would type the '@' character followed by the name of a  project member into a comment, then that project member would be notified via email and included to "follow" that BCF Topic?

Kind regards,

Jari

Jari Juntunen

• 10.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Jari,

Thanks for the quick response, yes i believe that would be very useful as it would then lead to being able to pull someone else into a topic that may not have been added in the beginning.

Thanks,

Conan Mulholland

• 11.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted yesterday

Hi, 

I support this feature request as well. We do currently not work with Todos/BCF Topics partly because people do not get notified on comments. If that would be added we would probably use it. @Mentions would be nice to have, preferably with the choice of either adding the person permanently or just for this one mention. Is there a timeline on this feature request?

Best Regards,

T

Tobias Steinhardt

• 12.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted yesterday

Hi Jari,

"@mentions" in the comments would be VERY useful. I second this request as well.

Thanks!

Jonathan Morin

• 13.  RE: Re: To-Do Comment Notifications

Posted 2 days ago

hi, 

is there any update to this query, and would this update be applied to BCF Topics going forward? 

thanks

Robert 

Robert McCormick