Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

• 1.  I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 11-07-2018 07:41

I am new to using Trimble Connect Desktop. We have been using the web and mobile version succesfully, along with Bimsight. 

However, we cannot get any of our models to load using the desktop version of Trimble Connect. 

The name of the model lights up red, and the eye symbol on the left is grey and crossed out. This happens with any file. I have even tried opening some simple STEP models of individual parts and the result is the same.

What could be the reason?

Best regards

Kasper

• 2.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 11-07-2018 13:16

Hi Kasper,

Please try uninstall* both Trimble Connect Desktop and Tekla BIMSight first and then re-install both of them again start with Tekla BIMSight and follow by Trimble Connect Desktop application. This is a known issue that related to the plugins on both applications and the fixed of this issue will be available in our next application release.

If the issue still persists after trying the above, please email us connect-support@trimble.com and our support team will help further assists in this issue.

*Note - All plugins start with "Trimble Solutions ImportSDK...." or "Tekla Model Sharing Foundation..." must be removed before installing the apps, these can be found in Uninstall or change a program under Control Panel tools.

You can review the related issue on another post here - Cannot view Rebar IFC in latest TC desktop release 

Thanks,

Fern

• 3.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 03-07-2019 01:22

Reinstalling both of them did not work, so I didn't bother anymore with the desktop version.

But I just downloaded the latest version and the issue has been fixed 100%.

Thank you!

• 4.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 03-07-2019 04:48

Hi Kasper,

Great that you got now Trimble Connect Desktop working.

Reason for earlier version not to work, was that Trimble Connect Desktop or Tekla BIMsight has been installed to your computer earlier by somebody else. This has left the earlier versions of import plugins on your computer also. Trimble Connect Desktop 1.6 did not like this, but version 1.7 finds the correct version of import plugins.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 5.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 11-06-2019 02:16

I am using Win10 and TCD 1.8, this issue occur again.

• 6.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 11-08-2019 01:35

Hi H T,

Could you update Trimble Connect Desktop to version 1.8.1?

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 7.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 11-08-2019 01:46

Hi Marko,

I am using the latest 1.8.1.159. Already uninstall both and reinstall both. The error has gone. But it looks like this conflict may be occurred next time?

• 8.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 11-08-2019 02:11

Hi H T,

Issue could have been that you have installed Tekla BIMsight after Trimble Connect Desktop.

Both software are using same import plugins. Tekla BIMsight has so old import plugins that Trimble Connect Desktop cannot work with those. At least for IFC plugin.

So, you should always install Tekla BIMsight first and then Trimble Connect Desktop.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 9.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 04-01-2020 09:21

Hi Marco,

I have the same problem with Trimble Connect 1.9.3.193 (I can´t load any model, the model lights up red, and the eye symbol on the left is grey and crossed out)... at this moment I can´t install Tekla BIMsight (it isn´t available for download).

What can I do?

Thanks.

• 10.  Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 04-02-2020 03:33

Hi,

If your models are listed in red, then issue is that import plugins cannot load the models.

2 main reasons:

1: Either your models are not supported by import plugins

2: Or your import plugins installation is corrupted somehow and they cannot load any model

On 2) if you check "add or remove programs" list and look for software starting with "Trimble Solutions ImportSDK" or with "Tekla Model Sharing Foundation", could you list what you see there.

Then you should check folder: C:\Program files\Trimble Solutions\ImportSDK   What is located there?

Finally you should check registry, using regedit.exe from path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Tekla Corporation\Model Sharing Foundation\plugins      Check what subfolders does that "plugins" folder have?

Have you had Tekla BIMsight installed to your machine, or is it installed currently? Do you do all installations on your machine yourself? And updates to software also? Or does your IT admins do that? Do they use single user account to access your computer?

Based on these results I can suggest then actions how to fix the situation.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 11.  RE: Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 12-15-2020 02:27
    Hi, Marko

I have same problem as user from 9'th post
    So i want to try reply for your questions to fix issue.

1.My models are ifc models from Tekla Structures and Revit
    2. I think, this is problem
    List of Trimble Solutions (on screen shot)
    List of folders in C:\Program files\Trimble Solutions\ImportSDK:
    DgnPlugin-1.34
    IfcPlugin-2.41
    RevitPlugin-1.33
    sketchupplugin-1.43
    StepIgesPlugin-2.11

Subfolders in regedit (on screen shot)

Tekla BIMSight was installed on my machine on the moment of TC installation (there is still).
    All software manipulation I can do with our System Admin's permission.

All accounts are single user.

Thank you for future help.

------------------------------
    Dmitry Vaver

• 12.  RE: Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 12-17-2020 01:36

Hi Dmitry,

It seems that you have installed Tekla BIMsight after the Trimble Connect for Windows.

You can solve the issue by now downloading the new version of Trimble Connect for Windows (version 1.11), which was released today.

When you install that, it will overwrite the import plugins with newer versions.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 13.  RE: Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 12-21-2020 03:32

Marko, hello again

I 100% sure that TC have installed after BIMSight. But i've reinstalled TC with new version - and it didn't help.

Dmitry Vaver

• 14.  RE: Re: I cannot load any model using TC Desktop

Posted 12-21-2020 08:12

Hi,

This has been a know issue since at least 10.11.2018 when i recived the workaround under from reseller support. maybe this issue should fix beyond a workaround that dont require above avrage IT knowledge. like a "plugin cleaner/restoration tool for TC" or somthing:)

Please follow the below steps:
    1. uninstall Trimble connect Desktop
    2. uninstall Tekla BIMsight (if installed)
    3. uninstall all import plugins, they start either "Trimble Solutions ImportSDK" or "Tekla Model Sharing Foundation", use "Programs and features" in Win7 or "Add or remove programs" in Win10
    4. use Windows Explorer to navigate to following folders and delete all content from these:
    C:\Program Files\Trimble Solutions\ImportSDK
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Model Sharing Foundation
    5. open regedit.exe and navigate to " Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Tekla Corporation\Model Sharing Foundation\plugins"
    6. remove all keys listing any import plugin in the above registry path
    7. if Tekla BIMsight is needed, install it first
    8. install Trimble Connect Desktop

Terje Fjellby