Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I upload a revision to a model or drawing?

• 1.  How do I upload a revision to a model or drawing?

Posted 01-24-2018 02:47

I haven't used Trimble in a number of months and cannot remember how to upload revisions. All I can do is upload an entirely new document and delete the previous. I have been looking through all the videos, help files, etc and no-one seems to have asked or answered this question. Is it that obvious?

• 2.  Re: How do I upload a revision to a model or drawing?

Posted 01-24-2018 10:50

Hello Rori,

Thanks for posting to our Trimble Community site.  If you search for revisions in our help section you'll come across the following document:

File Versions & Revision History 

The link above will tell you how to manage file revisions in Trimble Connect.

• 3.  Re: How do I upload a revision to a model or drawing?

Posted 01-25-2018 03:04

Jose,

Thank you for your reply but this is my point exactly, I wish to UPLOAD a revision, that page only tell me how to view revisions. This is obsolete of course when there are no revisions because of being unable to upload. My temporary solution has been to create a superceded folder, insert the old files and then upload revised files. Many thanks.

Rori

• 4.  Re: How do I upload a revision to a model or drawing?

Posted 01-25-2018 15:34

Hello Rori,

To upload a new revision of a file, you simply upload the file to the same location that the current file is in.  This will automatically archive the current version and set the newly uploaded file to be the current version.  Hope this helps!

• 5.  Re: How do I upload a revision to a model or drawing?

Posted 08-23-2019 04:58

Is it possible to upload a document with data stamp in filename?