Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

• 1.  Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-15-2019 21:05

This issue has happened a lot over the last few months with certain Revit models. I tried different computers to check if the PC was the issue. Something within the Revit models themselves seem to be the issue. There is plenty of hard drive space on all the computers I've tried. If I open a different model on the same computer, the Revit-Connect Add-In will upload with no issues. I suspect there is some sort of element or object in the Revit model that the Connect-Revit Add-in doesn’t accept. A few weeks ago, I encountered this with a model with contour lines and received the error message. I deleted the contour lines from the Revit model and the model uploaded successfully. Today I received the error message with another Revit model, and I deleted some generic geometry bounding boxes and the model uploaded successfully. Unfortunately, it's not always obvious what I should remove from the Revit model to make the model publish successfully. I would think others are experiencing this issue as several people in my office have encountered it from time to time.Trimble Connect Revit Plugin Error Message

• 2.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-17-2019 13:36

Hi Gustav,

Are you using shared network drive to host you Revit file? Or do you have shared network drive otherwise in use?

I have noticed that using shared network addresses with Tekla BIMsight project sharing is not a good thing as those drives are not accessible all the time. Windows hides that issue from the UI, but as software is not waiting the UI it runs into issues. Same situation could be happening here.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 3.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-18-2019 16:03

Marko,

Thanks for the reply. The Revit model is being hosted locally on my C:/ drive, not on a shared network drive. I do not have a shared network drive connected to my PC. Do you have any other suggestions?

• 4.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-19-2019 07:21

Hi Gustav,

Could you log out of the Revit add in and the log back in?

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 5.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-19-2019 07:29

Marko,

I don't even have the option to log in or out. If I have the Revit model open and I click the TC add-in, I immediately get the error message. If I try a different model that doesn't create the error message then I do get the login pop-up window. 

Regards,

Gustav

• 6.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-19-2019 23:56

Hi Gustav,

So, this happens to only one model? Can you publish other Revit models?

Could you share this model with me? Use email style: firstname.lastname@trimble.com, with my name.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 7.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 03-19-2019 23:59

Marko,

It's happened with several models. I'll share the last few I've had issues with. Thanks. 

Regards,

Gustav

• 8.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 11-08-2019 02:19

Hi Gustav,

Did you share some of the problematic Revit models to me?

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 9.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 10-30-2019 14:16

I am also having this error message. It makes Trimble Connect completely unusable. Has someone found a solution?

• 10.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 11-08-2019 02:24

Hi Adam,

Could you share your problematic model to me? Use firstname.lastname@trimble.com, but substitute my name to it.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 11.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 01-15-2020 16:03

I'm running into the same issue using Revit 2019.2.  It's definitely not a hard drive issue as I have plenty of space on my local hard drive.

• 12.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 01-15-2020 16:04

I'm running into the same issue using Revit 2019.2.  It's definitely not a hard drive issue as I have plenty of space on my local hard drive.

• 13.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 02-06-2020 14:32

Using R2019.2 - Opened a central model as detached. When attempting to push to TC, the error above appeared. Saving As after opening did the trick. Once the file was saved again, the TC File Uploader worked as intended.

• 14.  Re: Why does the Trimble Connect Revit Add-In say "Notice: Failed to use hard drive. Please check hard drive accessibility and free space. Process will stop." with certain Revit models?

Posted 09-15-2020 11:27

We are looking forward to using the paid service so have just started trying the Revit plugin for the VR usage. But I seem to get the same error. I am using Revit 2019.2 and All files are hosted on the BIM360. Could give some headlines on how we should plan the workflow in Revit and how it works best. because so far it seems a dead-end to me. Thank you