Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble connect worklow

• 1.  Trimble connect worklow

Posted 08-10-2017 23:51

Hi, we are going to use the Trimble Connect desktop, mobile and Tekla Structure Worflow content. It seems to be a great tool, and I am looking forward to use it on site.

We have an Ipad Air 2 64Go, the status Sharing works fine but the way IFC models are shown within the app is quite poor and buggy. This will be a real problem on site. I am trying this with a HVAC IFC model coming from Revit 2017 of 30Mo. This IFC works fine on the Trimble desktop app.

I think of buying a new mobile advice, can you advise me? Does the Trimble connect app works better on an Android System or I just need to upgrade my Ipad?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Trimble connect worklow

Posted 08-27-2017 21:35

Hi Olivier, have you had a chance to try other HVAC models or linked models from IFC to compare the performance?

• 3.  Re: Trimble connect worklow

Posted 09-01-2017 01:07

Yes sometimes it works, sometimes, not. It is not related to the size on the IFC model.

I link you a screenshot taken from trimble connect mobile. You can see it is very buggy and it is very hard to select an element, so it is impossible to use the status sharing... This model works just fine on trimble connect desktop or on chrome.

I am liking you this IFC model (IFC 2x3 from revit 2017).

http://file.ga.fr/515vwx3u0d

Help me please,

Regards

• 4.  Re: Trimble connect worklow

Posted 09-03-2017 21:26

Hello Olivier,

Thanks for your post on our community page. The download link is currently unavailable and I'm wondering if you could submit a ticket to connect-support@trimble.com so that we can assist you on this matter.

Best Regards,
    Fern Udomrasami

• 5.  Re: Trimble connect worklow

Posted 09-08-2017 00:05

Hi Olivier,

The problem with that model is that is located far from the origo. We are working to fix this problem in Trimble Connect Mobile. In the mean time, if you can move the model in the authoring tool to close the origo, that would help.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa