Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Offline mode on desktop

• 1.  Offline mode on desktop

Posted 03-02-2020 03:56

Hi,

How to set the permanent offline mode on Trimble Connect Desktop (for Windows)?

Trimble Connect is an excellent IFC viewer but I do not always have internet access and regularly a message asks me to connect to be able to open the application. What if I don't have internet? Should I use another viewer?
    Please find a solution to this problem.

Alex.

• 2.  Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 03-03-2020 02:45

Hi Alex,

Trimble Connect Desktop has only limited time offline capability. When you log in to Trimble Connect Desktop, please check the box for remembering you. Then log out once and back in to see that it works. At that point you should be able to open Trimble Connect Desktop without network access.

The time that you can work offline is about 30 days.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 3.  Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 03-05-2020 12:24

Hello Marko, I do not think you are right. Trimble suggested that the cause is in the licensing system, it need to be solved to make it useful for the building site. Strange is that is well working on the mobile version.
    I think there is a limit of 4 hours and after that, the TID token that keep the login alive needed to be refreshed. For the refresh, the internet will be required. The limit of 4 hours is due to security constraints and this is throughout Trimble products. I am not aware if it is even possible to keep the token alive for more than 4 hours or so. If you have more info or some official it will be great. Martin

• 4.  Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 03-06-2020 02:39

Hi,

If it works 30 days is fine, but why set a duration for offline mode? What security constraints?

Alex.

• 5.  Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 03-12-2020 09:48

Hi Marko, Martin,

It would be nice to clarify this issue once and for all.

Is it 30 days or 4 hours?

Thank you,

Best regards

Babo Garcia

• 6.  Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 03-12-2020 11:20

Hello Babo, I have just information that I shared. It is much more on Trimble to clarify that. 

Martin

• 7.  RE: Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 02-12-2021 01:00
      |   view attached
    Hi,
    I've recently update the version and offline mode not work anymore (french UI, server default EU)
    Please help !

------------------------------
    Yann Bedel

• 8.  RE: Re: Offline mode on desktop

Posted 02-12-2021 03:31
    Hi @JE BEDEL

Sorry about this - Could you please send this information along with the steps to reproduce the error to our support team: connect-support@trimble.com). We will investigate and get back.

========================================
    Laura Cook
    Product Manager | Trimble Connect
    ========================================