Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

mobile manager not working

• 1.  mobile manager not working

Posted 03-20-2019 12:38

HI all

Cannot use trimble mobile manager on my galaxy s8, which worked fine  couple of weeks ago, now I get the opening screen then the login page keeps trying to refresh( i think) and error "network problems prevent loading the login page" I have network, mobile and wireless, what am I missing

help please just paid a months accurate subscription, and wasting money!!!
    ps, was promised when I purchased that monthly subscription was going to be a 'pay as you go' which was why this system was so appealing for an occasional user, that was 18 months ago, still waiting!!!!!!

is it time to but a base and rover and get rid of all these problems and costs

TA 

• 2.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 02:41

Hi Alan

We're sorry for the log in issues you are experiencing here.

We are aware of this and working on a fix with the highest priority - If you have a support case with the team then let me know the CASE number and I'll take this over.

Alternatively If you want to manually grab the log files for me using your device file explorer (FX File Explorer is a good free one I use) and email it in to the Catalyst_Support@Trimble.com address we can take a closer look at your issue.

Specifically we would need:

• ..\Main Memory\Trimble\TrimbleMobileManager\EmailSupportData.zip
    • If you can also reference the problem so there is context for the support team - giving the URL to this community post would help too

If you have lost any days because of this, we can look at adding these back on to your TID easy enough as compensation for the temporary loss of service. This will be discussed in the support case when you email us

With regards to the pay as you go offering, I can't say much now but we are very close to adding some more flexible subscription types to the Catalyst solution that would very much help occasional users like yourself.

• 3.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 03:55

HI Tom

Thanks for the update, ticket number is DC00010249 if that helps, will look for the log file and forward it on, only lost a couple of days so far

cheers

Alan

• 4.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 04:15

Hi Alan

The ticket number normally begins with a 02 and is 8 digits long e.g. 02345678
    If you can find this I'll take it and communicate with you directly

• 5.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 03:05

Hi,

we are aware of an Chrome update dating end of last week that created a compatibility issue with the authentication component used in TMM.

This problem seems to happen 'some times' - so its not 100% reproduceable - and is not related to your network we believe.

We are eagerly working on a solution to this problem and are sorry for any inconvenience this created.

I saw Toms reply just a second ago - as hes says - getting your days back is no problem. Just reach out to Catalyst_Support@Trimble.com

Nico

• 6.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 07:12

Can confirm the issue on my S8+ (verizon android v 8.0.0) as well. Just tested on a S7 and no issue. The issue may be intermittent on other devices but I can definitely say it is persistent on my S8. Getting delivery of 2 Catalyst units tomorrow. Hoping to be able to use my new equipment next week. Hope this information helps dev team sort out bug. Might want to point them to the Galaxy S8 family for testing since those seem to be experiencing the worst of it.

• 7.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 07:24

Thanks Ashton

As Nico mentions the issue is related to a recent Chrome update so it's more likely that some of your devices are running different versions of Chrome.

We'll have a fix for this published to the Play Store very soon to resolve this

• 8.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 12:01

Here is a temporary workaround:

On the device go to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome

1. Force Stop the App
    2. Tap Disable
    3. Tap Cancel to Message “Replace with Factory App”.

Chrome will be disabled and Mobile Manager works properly.

When you get notification that TMM is working properly with Chrome then I would suggest updating the Chrome app. As always, proceed with caution when downgrading or disabling apps that may be needed to run other things.

• 9.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-21-2019 12:09

cheers, works ok after doing that

regards

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 7:02 PM tiffany.puett@duncan-parnell.com <

• 10.  Re: mobile manager not working

Posted 03-22-2019 13:35

the temp work around for login access also worked on my Galaxy S7 (which used to work fine)

Looking forward to the 'real' fix - thanks!

• 11.  Re: mobile manager not working
    Best Answer

Posted 03-25-2019 01:42

Hi,

I new version of TMM has been pushed to Google PlayStore.

If you search for updates manually you should see it - otherwise the system will pick it up sooner or later.

This version fixes the login issue.