Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

• 1.  COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 07-11-2017 09:09

-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

can anyone tell me what they paid for the DA1 antenna or what the common sale price is for the antenna from a trimble dealer.. i understand that it is required to pay for a monthly use subscription.. can anyone tell me what the "accuracy" subscription cost is for the highest accuracy 1cm-2cm. thank you in advance

• 2.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 07-26-2017 02:04

Catalyst can be purchased through our existing dealer channels so you'll need to use the distributor contact links on the shop now page to find and contact your nearest Trimble Catalyst distributor who can provide accurate pricing for your location.

• 3.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-04-2018 15:27

I paid about AUD$500 for mine and the subscription cost for max precision is AUD$500 per month. I find the claim of 1-2cm precision quite misleading, I've never achieved it. On a great day I'll get 3cm horizontal and 4cm vertical for some points. Others won't get below 6-7cm. If I happen to have powerlines nearby, I'll never get into the precision zone at all, with 20-30cm precision at best. Do your homework before you rely on this product commercially.

• 4.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-05-2018 13:41

Thank you for sharing. I have yet to purchase the catalyst.. and from what I am hearing.. I would not have any coverage in the state of texas where I live 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

• 5.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-08-2018 12:08

@Travis - Catalyst has global coverage for Metre and Submetre subscriptions. It's only when you get down to Decimetre and Precision level that you need to look at whether you are in a VRSNow zone or have any local NTRIP sources you can connect to.
    For this the I'd give the same advice as Tony, contact your local Trimble Reseller who will be able to give you the local information you need

• 6.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-08-2018 12:03

HI Tony

The accuracy we specify for Catalyst is thoroughly tested, not just in the lab but in a series of 'real-world' scenario's so we can be confident what we spec is achievable provided you are working within the system recommendations

With high accuracy GNSS there are many factors that can affect your accuracy:

1. Physical obstructions such as buildings/ tree canopy/ powerlines can all interfere with GNSS signals and degrade accuracy and performance. This is the same for any GNSS system
    2. Are you within a VRSNow network?
      Decimetre and Precision subscriptions require you to be working within a Trimble VRS Network or have access to a local NTRIP correction service.
      The coverage for Australia is not complete so it's likely you will need to use a local NTRIP source from time to time
      In this case your distance from the base will be important in hitting the 1-2cm specification - this is shown in the datasheet
      Precision Subscription Positioning
      Horizontal. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 mm + 1 ppm RMS
      Vertical. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20 mm + 1 ppm RMS 
      The 1 ppm basically means this specification is true for a base station within 10km of your position, as you move further away then this specification will increase and your accuracy will be higher than the spec

I would advise you contact your local Trimble Reseller for information on the VRSNow zones In your region and local NTRIP sources. They will have the best local knowledge to help you understand what you can expect to achieve in each location

3. This also could be a limitation of the processing power of your device - the minimum device specifications we list are there to ensure Catalyst has enough power to run at it's best. If the CPU is being throttled back (for several reasons) then this will affect performance 

If you want us to look into detail as to why you are not achieving spec then you should contact the Catalyst Support team. If you send a log file into the team using the Trimble Mobile Manager app and provide a detailed description, one of the team will contact and work with you on this.

There will be a reason for this, which with a little investigation, we can get to the bottom of. If it's something you can control we can help you resolve this and get the precision you need

Note - we have a specific Catalyst Community you should take a look at for all things Catalyst

#catalyst

• 7.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-09-2018 13:08
    Interesting, the reseller said nothing to me about needing an external corrections network to get maximum precision. I will try that.
    The "supported devices" needs updating as my Samsung S9 Plus is not in supported or unsupported devices.

• 8.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-12-2018 05:43

Hi Tony

You only need to use a local NTRIP connection when you are outside of a Trimble VRSNow network and want to achieve Decimetre or Precision accuracy (we have global coverage for Metre and Submetre subscription levels).

The coverage for Australia is not complete which is why it's always best to confirm with your reseller your location and options.

We're expanding our VRSNow network coverage all the time so expect coverage to increase.

VRSNowCoverage Aus

• 9.  Re: COST??-trimble catalyst DA1 antenna-

Posted 10-11-2018 09:19

Trimble Catalyst DA1 Digital Antenna with connecting cables, external battery, pouch, battery holder, $350.

We also purchased a 2 meter rover rod, $136. 

Monthly Correction Subscriptions:

- Precision (1-2 cm), $350/mo (plus applicable state sales tax)

- Decimeter, 200?

- Submeter, 80?

- 1 Meter, 40?