Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

• 1.  Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-04-2020 03:19

Trimble Mobile Manager on Android tells me that I have to update the firmware of my catalyst DA1 Antenna.

If I click on the update firmware button, it can find the antenna and then gets stuck updating the firmware (see picture)
    Did I miss anything (allowing the mobile managers access to the phone etc?)

I did also reinstall Trimble Mobile Manager but to no success.

Since the demand from trimble mobile manager to update the firmware it shows that DA1 is connected but that I cannot even read out values. It tells me that the catalyst is outdated (a product received 2 days ago and that worked yesterday for testing)

thanks in advance

Marco Heinzen / Alpine Robotics

• 2.  Re: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-04-2020 04:57

Hi Marco

You'll need to send the log files in via the ABOUT >SEND EMAIL option

Make sure you add a description of the problem and one of the support team will get back to you.

As well as app and service updates, Catalyst updates the DA1 antenna firmware from time to time. In this case I suspect your DA1 unit was not on the latest firmware, which was detected by Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM).

TMM would download the firmware and prompt you to run the update.

If you send the logs in someone will get back to your promptly with a solution

• 3.  Re: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update
    Best Answer

Posted 03-04-2020 05:20

It seems that the problem was solved, the catalyst service was updated over night, I did reinstall the catalyst service and mobile manager seems to work again

• 4.  Re: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-31-2020 11:16

Help Please, Trying to update Firmware on an R2 Receiver and option to update does not show up in Trimble Mobile Manager Home Tab.  Trying to upgrade from 5.44 to 5.5.  Am I looking in the wrong location?

• 5.  Re: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-31-2020 13:22

Hi Russell

To update the R2 you need to use Trimble Installation Manager (TIM) - you can download this here

This is a windows application that which detects the R2 and will provide the latest firmware for you to download and install automatically. We have a help guide for this here

You just need to connect your R2 via USB to the PC first and run TIM

Trimble Mobile Manager only supports firmware updates for the Catalyst DA1 antenna

• 6.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-12-2024 12:25

I'm having the same issue. Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone? Buehler?

------------------------------
    Jamie Somma

• 7.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-12-2024 12:58

Hi Jamie,

Which issue are you having, trouble with the DA1 or with the R2?

Regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 8.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-12-2024 13:02
    The DA1. It just hangs on the second step after detecting the antenna. It's an android 13 tablet.

Thanks,
    Jamie Somma
    512-659-4085

• 9.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-13-2024 10:57

Hi Jamie,

I will assume you have ensured that both Trimble Mobile Manager and the Trimble Catalyst Service are up to date. If that is the case the best next step would be to talk to your Trimble dealer who will be able to get you working. In the event that there is an issue that they can't address they will escalate into Trimble Support. 

Regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 10.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Firmware Update

Posted 03-20-2024 04:03
    Edited by Tom Harrison 03-20-2024 04:04

Hi Jamie

You'll need to downgrade Trimble Mobile Manager to v2.9.5.x run the DA1 firmware update process

• I will send you a direct message and we can create a support case with the Trimble team to complete this.
    • I can send you the installation for 2.9.5 to do this then you can update to the latest version 4.x - NB version 4.x requires you to sign out and sign back in using your TID on first use
    • The Catalyst DA1 requires the additional Trimble Catalyst Service app publicly available here from the Google Play Store until 31 August 2025.
    • This application supports devices running Android up to and including Android 14
    • If this presents a compatibility Issue then we have the Trimble Catalyst DA2 which is the next generation Catalyst receiver supporting bluetooth and both Android & iOS

For anyone monitoring this thread you can contact your local Trimble reseller for help with this in future.

Tom Harrison