Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Mapping & GIS Software support for the R12i

• 1.  Trimble Mapping & GIS Software support for the R12i

Posted 01-20-2022 09:02
    As it stands today, below is the level of support offered by Trimble Geospatial and Esri field software relevant to our Mapping and GIS customers.

Trimble Access: Full support for R12i ProPoint engine & TIP tilt compensation

Trimble Penmap for Android:  Supports the R12i ProPoint & TIP tilt compensation (offers integrated pole bias adjustment with TMM)

Trimble Terraflex:
    Supports connection to the R12i and can consume ProPoint position. TIP tilt compensation is NOT supported

Esri's Field Maps (via TMM integration): Supports connection to the R12i and can consume ProPoint position. TIP tilt compensation is NOT supported

In order to support R12i TIP tilt compensation in TerraFlex or Esri's Field Maps, changes are required in the TPSDK implementation for both software packages. This work is being discussed internally.

------------------------------
    Lane Carter

• 2.  RE: Trimble Mapping & GIS Software support for the R12i

Posted 01-20-2022 09:59
    Thanks Lane - can this aspect about TIP be added into the R12I row (via the popup boxes) in the Product Configuration Guide?
    Fully Compatible as it says in several boxes now - might make some folks think that means TIP, too.

Gale Shea, GISP
    MGIS Rep, WI

• 3.  RE: Trimble Mapping & GIS Software support for the R12i

Posted 01-20-2022 11:26
    Hi Gale,

We are actively working on updates to the Product Configuration Guide and hope to include additional, useful information (such as TIP support) when those updates are completed. Thank you for bringing that up!

Lane Carter