Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

R2 unable to fetch mount point

• 1.  R2 unable to fetch mount point

Posted 08-04-2021 07:45
    I have a Samsung Note 20 and R2 running FW 5.48. I am trying to use Trimble Mobile Manager and my R2 to connect to the Missouri DOT VRS. It will not bring up the counter to 'Fetch Mount Point' and its blank. It will not let me select anything in the 'Fetch Mount Point' dialog box. I have uninstall and reinstalled TMM and the same issue occurs."  You can add screen shots to this post too.

Could there be a Google or Samsung setting that is restricting access to a certain website? My dealers tried to replicate this issue with his Samsung 10 running Android 11 and it finds the MODOT VRS Mount Point within 5 seconds.

Do I need to have 'Mock Locations' Enabled on the phone and TMM set as the Mock Location App? I plan to use ArcGIS Field Maps with TMM and my R2.

------------------------------
    SEMO RPC

• 2.  RE: R2 unable to fetch mount point

Posted 08-05-2021 07:16
    Try jumping down to the login and enter that first and then see if you can get the mount point list.

Alison Walker

• 3.  RE: R2 unable to fetch mount point

Posted 08-05-2021 07:31
    I don't remember if Mock Locations is supposed to be enabled. You can enable it and point it to TMM as a test.

You might try using strsvr.exe (part of the rtklib software) to see what the response is from the server. rtklib allows you to see the messages that are being returned from the RTK server which can be helpful when there are difficulties.

In TMM you might try making a 'direct connection', if Missouri DOT offers this. Instead of choosing from a mount point table, you would specify a port that connects TMM to a single product (language and solution method / single baseline). There's no mount point table with a direct connection.

Paul Lohr

• 4.  RE: R2 unable to fetch mount point

Posted 08-05-2021 08:06
    I've seen this 2 times with the TDOT network.  What's worked for me is filling out all the info (including UN/PW), then Menu -> Home, then Menu -> GNSS Correction.  When the GNSS Correction screen reopens the Mount Point refreshes.

Cliff Hoeffner

• 5.  RE: R2 unable to fetch mount point

Posted 08-05-2021 09:31
    Hi SEMO RPC

If none of the suggestions work I'd recommend you contact your local Trimble reseller with the DOT VRS details - they can perform some testing with other apps to isolate where the issue is.
    If there is something TMM doesn't like then your reseller can escalate this for Trimble to fix in an app update.
    This does happen from time to time depending on how the service is set up.

Tom Harrison