Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Mobile Manager not disconnecting from RTK server

• 1.  Trimble Mobile Manager not disconnecting from RTK server

Posted 06-25-2021 06:44
    I hope this post is in the right place - I didn't find a forum for Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM). I did find other posts about TMM in here.

For the most part the TMM software works well. It has to communicate with another app and satisfy BYOD users - these are not easy tasks.

Best I can tell, the Trimble Mobile Manager software on a TDC150 (Android) is holding the connection to the RTK server open even after the device appears to have gone into sleep mode for approximately 10 minutes. How do I know the connection to the RTK server is being held open? I used RTKlib to attempt another connection using the same account (see the screen capture below). After powering the device off, the connection to the RTK server was dropped (verifies that it was indeed this instance of TMM holding the RTK server connection open).

How long will TMM hold open a connection to an RTK server?

How much does this cost in battery run-time?

Thank you for any help.

------------------------------
    Paul Lohr

• 2.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager not disconnecting from RTK server
    Best Answer

Posted 06-28-2021 00:00
    Hey Paul,

TMM keeps/ tries to keep an active NTRIP connection while a receiver is connected and a valid NTRIP config is present.
    So as long as the 'connected' switch is active and TMM was able to establish a connection to the receiver the socket will stay open.
    There are many applications (Mock locations, socket server, on-demand) that need TMM to run in the background so you don't have to re-establish a connection as this will consume time that could potentially be minimized. 

If you want to close the NTRIP connection best thing is disconnect in TMM; alternatively you can also kill TMM (swipe up). This will also force a disconnect from the receiver and hence kill any open socket.

Regards
    Nico

Nico Becke

• 3.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager not disconnecting from RTK server

Posted 07-12-2021 05:19
    Thank you, Nico. Your response was precise and I appreciate that.

Paul Lohr