Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

• 1.  TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-16-2021 01:16
    Hello, I have updated TC to version 1.12.1.329 and it doesn't work. I was logged in and starting it worked in offline mode because it couldn't find the server. After booting in offline mode I logged out. Now when I start it and it asks me to login as I click the button the program closes.
    I tried to go back to the previous version but it gives me a warning about database incompatibility and to remove it losing all projects.

------------------------------
    Mario Luigini

• 2.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-16-2021 02:25
    Hi Mario,
    Could you please take a screen capture and share it with our Support team (connect-support@trimble.com). It will help us investigate.

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 3.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-16-2021 02:40
    I have no errors in the windows logs to show.
    I start the program and clicking on the login button closes the application.
    I have unistalled and reinstalled but not have resolve the problem

Mario Luigini

• 4.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-19-2021 06:50
    Hi, I have the same problem as Mario. After updating to 1.12.1.329 version the desktop app doesn't work.
    Please let us know a solution

Nacho Herrero

• 5.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 01:14
    Nacho, please allow "id.trimble.com" in firewall. See the other posts in this discussion.

Kimmo Keränen

• 6.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-21-2021 23:22
    Hi Mario,

Please check these two highlighted event logs (Application and Trimble). One of the should contain the cause of the problem. Please share the details with me so that I can investigate it.

Kimmo Keränen

• 7.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-21-2021 23:59
    Hello Kimmo,
    in the application event logs don't have error for TC.
    In Trimble event i have this error:

Unhandled exception: Trimble.Identity.AuthenticationRequiresOnlineException: Generata eccezione di tipo 'Trimble.Identity.AuthenticationRequiresOnlineException'.
    in Trimble.Identity.AuthenticationContext.<AcquireTokenCommonAsync>d__38.MoveNext()
    --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
    in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    in Trimble.Connect.Desktop.App.Online.LoginViewModel.<GetAuthenticationResult>d__28.MoveNext()
    --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
    in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    in Trimble.Connect.Desktop.Core.Extensions.Extensions.<Forget>d__28.MoveNext()
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    in MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    in MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    in MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
    in System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
    in System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
    in Fusion.App.Start3(App application)
    in Fusion.App.Start2(App application)
    in Fusion.App.Start1(App application)
    in Fusion.App.Start(App application, SettingsOverrides settingsOverrides)
    in Trimble.Connect.Desktop.App.TrimbleConnectApp.Main()

Mario Luigini

• 8.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 00:18
    Thank you Mario for your helpful report. The "Trimble.Identity.AuthenticationRequiresOnlineException" error means that online check has failed. This online check was changed in the latest patch version 1.12.1 and the new logic basically pings "id.trimble.com" with 1 second timeout.

Could you try to open command prompt and run ping command and check that responses are within 1000 ms?

Kimmo Keränen

• 9.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 00:35
    Kimmo i have ping id.trimble.com but oll packets is request expired.
    Our lan is behind a firewall so surely I have to make the ip reachable. My ping of id.trimble.com returned me 13.32.219.125 which is different from the one indicated in your screenshot.
    Is this IP correct?

Mario Luigini

• 10.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 00:48
    Mario, the correct direct IP address is 13.33.242.122. I had different IP address in my screenshot because I was using VPN. Try pinging 13.33.242.122 . The responses should be quite fast, like in this new screenshot. If you can't ping this, please check your firewall. The strange thing is that even in TCD v.1.12.0 the URL "id.trimble.com" had to be accessable. So maybe only pinging is blocked by your firewall?  

Kimmo Keränen

• 11.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 01:10
    I solved it by opening the firewall towards the IP 13.32.219.125. Thank you.

Mario Luigini

• 12.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 01:12
    Thank you Mario for helping in finding out the problem!

Kimmo Keränen

• 13.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 08:39
    Edited by Mario Luigini 07-22-2021 09:35
    Hi Kimmo,
    I have another problem. the IP of "id.trimble.com" changes continuously. I did a tracert and the IP is 13.224.99.61. Soon after I did a ping and the IP is 13.224.99.90.
    I cannot continually access the firewall to change the destination ip.
    How can we solve?

I am testing a possible solution. I added a "DNS Group" pointing to id.trimble.com. It finds me 4 IPs and for the moment I'm back online with TC
    Mario Luigini

• 14.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 22:14
    Mario, this is outside of my expertise, but couple of suggestions:
    1) I don't see a security reason for why firewall should block outgoing pinging. I assume that minority of users have this problem because outgoing pining is not blocked usually. Could you ask your employer to remove all restrictions from outgoing pinging?
    2) By quick googling there are some tricks how to use host name ("id.trimble.com") instead of IP address in the firewall rules, at least for some specific firewalls, e.g. Mikrotik (that is just an example, among the  first googling result I checked) 

Kimmo Keränen

• 15.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-20-2021 08:45
    Same problem here! Please, we need a solution!! The program worked just fine with the last version

Gonzalo Diaz

• 16.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-22-2021 01:14
    Edited by Kimmo Keränen 07-22-2021 01:14
    Gonzalo, please allow "id.trimble.com" in firewall. See the other posts in this discussion.

Kimmo Keränen

• 17.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-26-2021 01:10

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Could you supply us with a solution, step by step with screenshots?

Marcin Staszczyk

• 18.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-26-2021 01:35
    Hi Marcin,

The root cause of this problem seems to be incorrect firewall setting. Outgoing pinging is blocked by your firewall for some reason, preventing pinging "id.trimble.com". I recommend you asking your technical support to open all outgoing pinging. I don't see any reason why outgoing pinging is blocked.

I can't provide any screenshots because the problem depends on customer firewall.

Kimmo Keränen

• 19.  RE: TRIBMLE CONNECT FAILURE

Posted 07-26-2021 06:27
    Hi Kimmo,

From what I understand after some testing with our firewall, it's not only about Outgoing pinging of 'id.trimble.com', but we also also need to open the firewall for ICMP traffic. I think this is how a user is authenticated ? 
    Most organizations have only http and https open on their firewall for end users.

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/internet-core-protocols/1565925726/ch05s04s01.html

Regards,
    Prashanth

Prashanth Mysore