Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Need to improve Status Sharing administration management

• 1.  Need to improve Status Sharing administration management

Posted 04-22-2021 08:15
    Hello, We are starting to use the Status Sharing tool on a larger scale in our company (+500 employees).

At the moment, as long as you have the same domain name as the one who created the Status Sharing Action, you have complete control on the Action, you can change the status or even delete the Action. Thats really risky... (As I read in this thread : Trimble Connect User Forum)

It could be easily solved  if the admin of a project could authorize or not a TC group to access as a viewer or an editor the Actions.

This looks really critical for the future of this tool, is there any plan to improve this in the near future?

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Olivier Pellegrin

• 2.  RE: Need to improve Status Sharing administration management

Posted 05-10-2021 02:26
    Hi Olivier,

More granular access control over status actions is a common feature request. The current near-zero configuration approach was chosen for ease of use, but it does fall short in this aspect. We do have plans to improve this, but I can't share specific dates at this point.

Best regards,

Veni

Veni Lillkåll

• 3.  RE: Need to improve Status Sharing administration management

Posted 05-10-2021 08:17
    Hi Veni,
    Thank you for your insights. So far we have very good feedbacks from users of this tool in our company !
    I hope you will be able to make it even better because it will really be a game changer for people who work on site.

If you are looking for beta testers, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Olivier Pellegrin

• 4.  RE: Need to improve Status Sharing administration management

Posted 01-10-2022 06:43
    Hello,

We really could use some major improvments about the status sharing tool (on TCD or TCW) :
    - Administration of the users
    - a "delete status event" button. For now it is impossible for a user to correct himself if he makes a mistake. That is pretty  frustrating. Uploading... Upload file  

Please, do you have anything to share with us about the future improvments of this tool ?

Thank you

Olivier Pellegrin