Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

view only

• 1.  view only

Posted 11-12-2018 06:49

Hi,

Is it possible to view the file only, but not downloaded?

• 2.  Re: view only

Posted 11-12-2018 18:20

It depends on the application you are using, file format and how the file get uploaded to Trimble Connect. If you are using Trimble Connect web application, you can click view the file that has been uploaded and has completed assimilation process on Trimble Connect project without having to download to local drive.

However, if you would like to view the model through Trimble Connect desktop or mobile application, then file need to be downloaded on the apps before viewing the model.

Would you mind letting us know which application you are using?

• 3.  Re: view only

Posted 11-13-2018 05:23
      |   view attached

Hi Fern,

check attachment for clarification.

Regards.

Groeten

Jeroen

• 4.  Re: view only

Posted 11-13-2018 14:48

The read-only folder permissions allow users to click view and download the file but users would not be able to update that file on Trimble Connect. You can share the model and allow users who is not a member of the project to have view only access using "Share Data" feature (the third button next to the download icon in your screenshot). However, this feature will not include Open in SketchUp viewer app button on the page and it is available for users to view the model in Trimble Connect 3D viewer app only. 

• 5.  Re: view only

Posted 08-19-2019 07:32

Hi Fern, 

So there is still no way to have a client just log in and view a model without having the rights to download it? 

• 6.  Re: view only

Posted 04-02-2020 07:55

Mark,

You can if you select the "Any users with link" option  and then select "View Only".   This will generate a link you can email to your client.  When they use the link it will open up the TC web viewer without the download button

• 7.  Re: view only

Posted 04-13-2020 08:43

Sorry to piggyback off this post but I think this is related. Is there a way to share "view only" but also allow someone to view To-dos? For instance, if I shared a view only with someone and they want to add some mark-ups from what I can see there doesn't seem to be a way for that person to send it back to me through Trimble Connect. 

• 8.  Re: view only

• 9.  Re: view only

Posted 04-19-2020 06:45

Thank is a good question.  All 3 links resolve to the same mashup view of files.  

@Fern Udomrasami,   are you able to provide the reasoning behind the generation of 3 different URL links from using the Share > View Only (No Download) option?    If all three go to the same mashup view, why not only generate a single link?