Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Windows 10 and TBC Compatibility

• 1.  Windows 10 and TBC Compatibility

Posted 06-10-2020 04:05

We upgraded our laptops to Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 and now the Sentinal hardware lock is not working for TBC.  We have tried to re-install TBC along with several other suggestions from our vendor and Trimble, but no luck.  Fortunately, we have one desktop that is capable of running TBC, but it is cumbersome to run everything through that one.  Any thoughts or solutions?

• 2.  Re: Windows 10 and TBC Compatibility

Posted 06-10-2020 08:11

Can you still rollback to your previous working version of Windows 10 1909 or 1903 etc? If you can, check to see if TBC will run on machines in that configuration; that would suggest it was a Windows based problem.

We have had issues with Sentinel before and the solutions was to re-install Hasp drivers, and/or run office cleanup utility and re-install everything.  

• 3.  Re: Windows 10 and TBC Compatibility

Posted 06-15-2020 02:17

Bei uns funktioniert der Dongle, aber das Trimble Programm startet nicht mehr..

• 4.  Re: Windows 10 and TBC Compatibility

Posted 06-24-2020 17:11

Purchased 4 new computers for the office.  They are all running Windows 10 v2004.  Blue Screen of Death when i try to install TBC.  We're running a mix of network licensing and hardware licensing (network only on these new systems).  I understand that this is a 'windows problem' but 1909 is no longer available and suggesting that it is even possible to uninstall the update to 2004 is laughable.  Microsoft has removed the capability to roll back.  Is there any news on a fix?  or maybe, let us run the software without having to resort to some archaic hardware lock that is a usb version of a throwback to LPTport dongles from 30 years ago. the faulting element seems to be askfridge.sys. I can upload/send the minidump file if that would be of help in resolving this quickly.

#tbcinstall #win102004 #windows_10_version_2004 #haspkey

• 5.  Re: Windows 10 and TBC Compatibility

Posted 07-01-2020 19:11