Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

• 1.  Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 03-21-2017 06:56
      |   view attached

Hello,

We are trying TRIMBLE CONNECT DESKOP for our BIM Collaboration and clashs analysis. We are currently using TeklaBimsight for this.

The problem is we do not find the same results between TeklaBimsight and Trimble Desktop for exactly the same ifc models with the exacts same collisions rules.

On the picture attached we have : CVC vs GOE = 17 collisions on Bimsight on the left

and CVC vs GOE = 0 collisions on Trimbel Desktop on the right.

Same project, same models.

We tried this with different projects and IFC models, almost every time we have differences between TeklaBimSight and TrimbleDesktop, why?

Too bad, this tool could be very useful for us...

Thank you

Olivier Pellegrin

• 2.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 03-22-2017 00:47

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your feedback! Trimble Connect is using different clash detection than Tekla BIMsight and this appears to give different results. We will investigate.

kind regards,

Jussi Ketoja

• 3.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 03-24-2017 16:45

Hello Olivier,

Can you submit a ticket to our support site by e-mailing us at connect-support@trimble.com and include the Project Name along with the File Name of the files in question and the path to that file within the project.  Once we have that information, we can test on our end and see what exactly is causing this issue.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

• 4.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 03-04-2019 09:39

Hello,

So eventually we gave up on the clash detection of Trimble Desktop as it is still not as reliable as BIMSight.

I tried today to to some tests with the last verison of TCD, and I still have big differences between BIMSight and TCD...

TCD just miss loads of clashes.

Here the differences (same models, same Clash rules)

Can you tell when this will be fixed as we really would like to give up on BIMSIGHT to fully work on TCD?

thanks 

regards

• 5.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-12-2019 11:00

Hi Olivier,

Could you share the models to me? or to tc_developer@trimble.com

We are currently building new clash check engine to Trimble Connect. I would like to verify that it finds the same clashes as Tekla BIMsight does.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 6.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-12-2019 03:51

Hello,

I just retry with the last version on TCD and have always the same problem.

Here the differences (same models, same Clash rules)

Can you tell when this will be fixed as we really would like to give up on BIMSIGHT to fully work on TCD?

thanks 

regards

• 7.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-12-2019 11:02

Hi Julien,

Same question for you, could you share the models to me (firstname.lastname@trimble.com) or to tc_developer@trimble.com ? (substitute my name for firstname and lastname..)

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 8.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-13-2019 00:26

Hello Marko,

I had all in the project. change the location to europe.

best regards,

• 9.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-12-2019 07:32

Hello ! 

Can you tell us as well, when we will be able to organize clashes by status (ignored, solved, critical…. ) such as it is possible to do on Tekla BIMsight ? 

I have the same question about tags for clashes. Will it be available as well ? It's very convenient on Tekla BIMSight 

Best Regards 

Florent

• 10.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-12-2019 11:03

Hi Florent,

I will forward your comment to our product managers. I will get back to you when I know if/when this will be implemented.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 11.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-13-2019 00:33

Glad to hear Marko, looking forward to your reply 

Best Regards

Florent

• 12.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-12-2019 16:10

• 13.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-18-2019 00:48

Hello, we have same problem as @Pavel Vlasak

Clashes are very very poor in TCD right now and must be improved ASAP. We reported this issue more then 1year ago and nothing happend.

Please try to fix ASAP.

Martin

• 14.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 12-19-2019 05:03

Hello all,

same problem in here too. Please give more information to us about your improvement plans. Thanks,

• 15.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 06-05-2020 02:30

Hello,

I am very unhappy about the clash detection proces in Trimble Connect. It basically never works. Within the same file, with two different files, with tolerance, without tolerance, IT NEVER WORKS

• 16.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 08-24-2020 17:45

Dear all,

I am also very unhappy.

One of the most important features in Tekla BIMsight is that it creates clash groups based on IFC common types automatically. It's a very useful resource for us because it set us free of creating a lot of clashsets or discussing and creating the annoying clashset matrix priority with our team, like people do at Navisworks, for example.

Grouping by IFC types helps us find clash types of objects that have received wrong classification, or don't have one (wrongly classified as ifcBuildingElementProxy), or have odd classification.

So...

When will Trimble Connect sort clash results by IFC common types, like Tekla BIMsight - or BIM Collab ZOOM Pro -does?

Best Regards

João Gaspar

• 17.  Re: Trimble Connect Desktop Clash analysis

Posted 08-28-2020 03:51

Hello Everyone,

Regarding the feedback related to the clash check results, I'd like to inform that we have developed a new improved version of the Trimble Connect clash check engine. It is based on new algorithm and new technologies and our early pilot feedback indicates that it generates more meaningful and accurate results. The new clash check engine is planned to be deployed to production soon and the Connect for Windows and the browser 3D Viewer applications will automatically switch to use the new clash check engine. There will be a separate announcement when the new engine has been deployed, please follow the Connect Product Updates section for the latest information.

Best Regards,

Jari