Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Folder Structure

• 1.  Folder Structure

Posted 11-02-2020 12:24

On Trimble Access on the TSC7, you can create folders for each of the aspects of the survey project, such as FENCES, BORROW PITS, STRIPPING, etc. These are then used to store the different surveys and can easily be sorted in Trimble Sync. You can also download this folder structure and all files within each folder to your project storage folder. Is there a way to create this folder structure ahead of time and have it upload with the reference project files to the data collector? I have created folders in Trimble Connect, but these are not accessible by Trimble Access.

As you can see in the attached images, the folders created within Trimble Access are only visible in Trimble Sync. Trimble Connect will only show the reference files which are established in Trimble Sync. We are trying to get Access/Sync/Connect to be able to create the project survey folder structure with the project so that each job is always the same.

• 2.  Re: Folder Structure

Posted 11-02-2020 19:38

Hi Damien,

I have just posted in a discussion that may interest you.

how to synchronise tsc7

Hope this helps

• 3.  Re: Folder Structure

Posted 11-03-2020 08:08

That is an incredibly complicated method that uses Access 2017. We are running Access 2020 on all of our TSC7s. There has to be an easy way to create a project folder structure within either Sync or Connect, and have that upload to the DC.

• 4.  Re: Folder Structure

Posted 11-03-2020 17:22

Hi Damien,

You may not have read all the posts.

My post dated yesterday 3 November at 10.29 discusses an alternative to my original post which is how to use Trimble Connect to synchronise custom folders on the TSC7.

We also use the latest version of Access on TSC7's with the latest operating systems. 

• 5.  Re: Folder Structure

Posted 11-03-2020 10:21

I will add another image of a side-by-side comparison of the Trimble Connect window and the view of Trimble Access. As you can see, Trimble Access does not recognize the folders created in Trimble Connect. The project reference files that were added from within Trimble Sync are there, but folders created within Trimble Connect are not.

• 6.  Re: Folder Structure

Posted 11-03-2020 11:59

So the Trimble Sync page says this:

Can I create a new project in Trimble Connect Web?

No, to maintain the correct relationship and file structure between Trimble Access and Trimble Sync Manager, you must create projects and jobs using the Trimble Sync Manager desktop application. (link)

So based on that, is there a way to create a template project in Trimble Sync, and use it as a template to create other projects? You can create the folder structure needed in Trimble Sync, but I see no option to copy the Sync project. You can open the project in Trimble Connect Web and copy it to create another project. Except the folder structure does not copy over.

As a work around, I created a batch file that the survey crews can run on the TSC7 which will create the required folder structure within the project folder. How is this not a feature of Sync??