Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TC Desktop for Mac OS

• 1.  TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 02-07-2019 03:08

Hi,

when will Trimble Connect for Desktop be available for Mac OS users?

Best regards

Joanna

• 2.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 02-07-2019 08:26

Hi Joanna,

Currently we have no plans to have Trimble Connect Desktop on Mac, but you can run Windows version on Mac, under Parallels.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 3.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 02-12-2019 01:05

Hi Marko,

thanks for your response, but under Parallels TC Desktop works extremely slow and it's not a sufficient solution for us.

Best regards

• 4.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 03-03-2019 01:20

Hi Joanna,

Try bootcamp (Boot Camp - Officiële Apple Support). I work with iMacPro and w10 and Trimble connect desktop works fine. Very smooth and fast, even for large models

Best regards

• 5.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-04-2020 18:14

Hi Marko.

So now, almost a year later, do you plan to have Trimble Connect Desktop for Mac?

Thanks,

Jorge Jaime

• 6.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-09-2020 12:49

Hi Jorge,

Sorry, but there isn't Mac version of Trimble Connect Desktop in sight.

But instead we are being implementing the web viewer to be so good that it can be used also in both platforms.

If there is some features in Trimble Connect Desktop that you value more than what is currently in the Trimble Connect Web version, I would be happy to hear of those.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 7.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-10-2020 03:47

Hi Marko,

What currently is missing in the browserapp (unless i am mistaking), is the "objects" panel, which is very useful for visualizing layers, making summations etc...

• 8.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-10-2020 05:03

Hi Yves,

Have you checked the Content Browser feature that we just released? It's the "Data Table" tab in the UI. That has similar features. Maybe not exactly same,but i would like to hear from you how that works for you.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 9.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-10-2020 05:40

Marko, thanks for pointing that out i didn't notice this DataTable before.

I have tried to use it but i think it's not so user-friendy as the objects panel in TCDesktop. 

Is it possible to customize column-sets and save them in a project template?

Best Regards,

Yves

• 10.  Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-10-2020 05:58

Hi Yves,

Use the Column button to select the wanted columns and then you can also save the set on a name.

Note, this saving is working on single computer only, it's not shared to Trimble Connect cloud.

I have notified our product manager about this, let's see if we get the objects tab in the web version at some point.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 11.  RE: Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 01-04-2022 03:48
    Good morning, Please let me know about TRW and TBC programs for Mac, I need to work smoothly, Yet computers with winowds are...
    So when and possibly how to work to realize the full potential....

Best,
    Chris

------------------------------
    Krzysztof Beczkowski

• 12.  RE: Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 08-23-2022 23:13
    Hi Marko,
    I just switched over to Mac OS and I too cannot use the "object" panel.  The Data Table is close to the object, but I need to be able to hide multiple like objects without selecting each one.  Am I missing something?  In windows you double click and the object pops up in "objects". but this does not happen in Mac OS.  Thank you for your help

Keith Holcomb

• 13.  RE: Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 7 days ago

One feature thats on the desktop version and not in the cloud, is the ability to combine ifc´s together into a single file. I know we can view them together in the web version, but at some point one needs to deliver to the customer the combined ifc. Could be nice to be able to do that without having a separat computer for that (I´m on a Mac)

OH Byberg

Odd Håkon Byberg

• 14.  RE: Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 5 days ago

FWIW, the Windows desktop app can combine and export multiple files or objects that are in the view, but it uses the TrimBIM format, not Ifc. So, one can download all the files from the Web version, and than import them in an editing application like SketchUp, and do an export to Ifc from there to get a federated model.

It would be nice to have the same feature in the Webversion, though. (Export the current 3D View to TrimBIM)

Jack de Moel

• 15.  RE: Re: TC Desktop for Mac OS

Posted 5 days ago
     Yes, one can import the trb files into sketchup, and make an ifc export from sketchup. There´s the ifcexport plugin that works quite well. The native exporter does strange things., like not exporting everything, randomly.

The ifc importer destroys all information in the ifc, like layers/tags so that makes a big soup of everything. Also the file size balloons to 10x. So pretty useless.

Since in on a Mac I dont have the desktop version of Trimble connect, and there is not feature parity between the desktop version and the web version.

So a big mess. There's the advanced workflows group inside the sketchup team, but they dont work with workflows, its probably too dull for them, so we are on our own here it seems.

mvh
    Odd Håkon Byberg