Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Access to Line Type Editor and Symbol Editor

• 1.  Access to Line Type Editor and Symbol Editor

Posted 05-11-2020 09:28

Did something change with the line type editor and symbol editor? I can't seem to access the editor interface. There also doesn't appear to be the standalone products on my PC anymore. 

• 2.  Re: Access to Line Type Editor and Symbol Editor

Posted 05-11-2020 11:16

I think that they are not installed and therefore TBC cannot find them.

They are probably options on install that you can turn off - They should be under Trimble Office in your Windows Program List - if they are not there then they are not installed

You will need to do a Full Install for these pieces because I cannot find where they are on the Installer package nor can I see a way in the Installer to just install these utilities unfortunately

Sorry to make you to do a Reinstall

Alan

• 3.  Re: Access to Line Type Editor and Symbol Editor

Posted 05-11-2020 12:44

Yea you have to do the full install, and not the custom install,so you get everything. Not the end of the world just a few unnecessary programs as well. 

• 4.  RE: Re: Access to Line Type Editor and Symbol Editor

Posted 12-07-2023 22:42

curious if you all might be able to help us out. we have a layer library with linetypes and a symbol library all built in civil3d. we are trying to build an fxl out of it. we can build it and associate all our codes to the right layers and then assign symbols. to do this i started by importing the cad template to tbc and exported the layers, built a csv and associated all codes to layers and then imported into feature code manager. manually linked up symbols that had been saved as block symbols in a cad drawing and imported into the feature code symbol library. 

the trouble is that the any text in the symbols seems to default to the tbc standard text style, distorting the symbol(text offset from in the center of a manhole as an example)and also the linestyles are getting lost and only showing as basic lines instead of including W for water or S for sewer on the line. 

maybe we are just missing text styles in tbc that would need to be loaded before all this? but not sure. anyone have any ideas. we are trying to build it to MMCD standards, not sure if this is only in canada, but if anyone has an MMCD fxl that is perfect and they want to share then this could help too. 

thanks. 

------------------------------
    ian bissonnette
    ------------------------------