Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to IMPORT data to stakeout using penmap project manager?

• 1.  How to IMPORT data to stakeout using penmap project manager?

Posted 09-14-2020 04:47

I am looking at getting a penmap subscription and have downloaded the free version of the app, trimble connect (app)  and trimble Penmap project manager for windows just to see how things work. Obviously I can't log in on the penmap app but can see the new jobs created in project manager go onto the connect app just fine. I however cannot see anywhere where it gives an option to import CSV (or any format) or any way at all to import data onto the device using project manager to stakeout. Please could you be a little more clear on how exactly you IMPORT CSV data. This could be the reason I go with an alternative app (K-Mobile) for field data collection or opt to not purchase the catalyst at all.

Regards,

Tom

• 2.  Re: How to IMPORT data to stakeout using penmap project manager?

Posted 09-14-2020 06:24

Dear Tom,

thanks for your interest in Penmap.

You can import a csv (or a shape file for example as well if you prefer to work with iFeatures) during the process of creating your project in the Prnmap Project Manager.

After you have set the coordinate system in the Penmap Project Manager you can browse for data to import to your project in the next step.

You can then stakeout the points on the device on which you download the project from the cloud.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact.

Kind regards

Patrik

Penmap support

• 3.  Re: How to IMPORT data to stakeout using penmap project manager?

Posted 09-14-2020 06:43

Thanks Patrick,

After a bit more digging I figured it out, one question I have about the penmap subscription. I've been told by my local(ish) Trimble supplier that you offer a monthly subscription for it. I will not be using the catalyst all the time and there will be breaks of well over a month that I won't be using it for. Can I in that time period suspend my subscription? I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any way of paying and managing the subscriptions online. Would I have to call up to cancel/activate the subscription?

Regards,

Tom

• 4.  Re: How to IMPORT data to stakeout using penmap project manager?

Posted 09-15-2020 04:27

Hi Tom,

We offer monthly and annual subscriptions. Monthly subscriptions offer you the possibility to be flexible and to skip a month.

After your purchase, you as the account administrator will receive a purchase confirmation email, inviting you to activate and manage your account.

For more information about subscriptions, contact your local Trimble dealer.

Kind regards

Patrik

Penmap support

• 5.  Re: How to IMPORT data to stakeout using penmap project manager?

Posted 09-14-2020 06:54

Hi Tom,

maybe our "Getting started video" will help you...At minute 2:00 you can watch the import of CSV files.

Penmap for Android support DXF/DWG, Shape, CSV import. WebMapServices like Google Maps, Bing Maps are available as background map, too. 

Check our stakeout videos as well... Penmap Youtube 

Markus