Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

what happens to the data on Connect when the Penmap license expires?

• 1.  what happens to the data on Connect when the Penmap license expires?

Posted 04-23-2020 02:17

will the Penmap projects & data in Trimble Connect be deleted when the Penmap license expires?
    If a customer only uses Penmap for certain projects and does not use it for months in between...

• 2.  Re: what happens to the data on Connect when the Penmap license expires?

Posted 04-24-2020 05:39

This is related to the Trimble Connect Business license (which is part of a Penmap for Android subscription) but I do not believe that data will be deleted. Maybe the access to the data is limited. 

In addition it pendent on the setup of your Trimble Connect projects. 

With Trimble Connect Business, you are able to work with 1 to n Trimble Connect projects.

In this Trimble Connect project, you can have 1 to n Penmap projects.

If you Penmap for Android subscription expires, you will fall back to a Trimble Connect Personal license.

With a Trimble Connect Personal license, you can have one Trimble Connect project only.

Inside this project, you can have 1 to n Penmap projects up to 10 GB.

This will mean, if you have all Penmap project in one Trimble Connect project and the data is not more than 10GB you will have anyway no problem.

I will check with the Trimble Connect team, what happened if this is not the case.

• 3.  Re: what happens to the data on Connect when the Penmap license expires?

Posted 04-28-2020 04:59

I got the confirmation that Trimble Connect will not delete your data if you fall back form a Trimble Connect Business license to a Trimble Connect Personal license. Your data which is "over" the limits of a Trimble Connect Personal license will be locked until you are back on a Trimble Connect Business license. 

• 4.  Re: what happens to the data on Connect when the Penmap license expires?

Posted 04-30-2020 00:52

Ah very good. Thanks for checking.