Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Connect Viewer API Problems with GUID.

• 1.  Trimble Connect Viewer API Problems with GUID.

Posted 08-03-2020 00:50

Hi there,

I'm currently dealing with some JavaScript codes using Trimble Connect for Browser API.

Yes, I can connect to viewer, one's projects, objects or properties and so on with the API,

but there is no GUID in the result of getObjectProperties() and even in the actual web Viewer.

What i want to know is the Tekla Structures' object GUID (like 565EA80A-0000-1525-3134-343930343430), not .IFC's GUID (like 1MNgWA000EW34qD3amD3Gm).

Is there any methods in JS api that i can use for searching specific object's GUID?

And one more, Can i get or make the Viewer's Organizer properties with the API?

In the Viewer, I can see the properties i made with organizer, but with the api (getObjectProperties()), i can't see them.

Thank you all for reading.

• 2.  RE: Trimble Connect Viewer API Problems with GUID.

Posted 07-26-2021 15:27
    Hi,

I'm new in embedding Trimble Connect into a web app. So far, I've been able to user Workspace.connect to listen to event changes.

I need to access the getObjectProperties() to get properties of selected objects. I can't figure out how to access the ViewerAPI methods, I've tried so many different ways! Can you please help me?

Also, did you every figure out how to get the Tekla GUIDs of selected objects? That is something I'll need as well.

Thank you for your help!

------------------------------
    Alejandro Gomez Rivera
    ------------------------------