Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Connect Web

• 1.  Trimble Connect Web

Posted 10-06-2017 04:21

When selecting models from folders in Trimble connect web, why does it open the folders and files in a new explorer window? . If you have breadcrumbs like on the desktop version you can see the folder route. I have enquired on a couple of models in the screen shot and have new windows for each model. I think its confusing and unnecessary.

New windows open for each file selected, resulting in multiple windows.

• 2.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 10-12-2017 12:21

Hi, I think this is good possibility. I like this new feature. You have quick overview in federated model.

Pavel

• 3.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 10-12-2017 20:33

Thank you for your feedback. The breadcrumb folder navigation on the project data page is currently available on web application and this helps user easier to locate files or folders in the project. We also have a new feature to open file level in a new window explorer and enhance the viewer performance.

To improve this feature,  we are wondering which option you would prefer to happen when click the file name;

Option 1. Open the model in viewer mode.

Option 2. View the model details in the right panel without open the model in viewer mode. 

Let us know your thoughts and/or if there is anything else you would like to improve.

Best Regards,

Fern Udomrasami

• 4.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 10-13-2017 00:25

Hi Fern,

I saw the discussion and I think users are used to click once on a model only to see the model details and do not want open the model directly. I would choose for option 2 and that the checkbox is selected also. 

Best Regards,

Bryan Bosch

• 5.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 10-13-2017 02:43

It is a new feature that models are viewed in a new window. We think it is a great feature.

We can view different models or modelgroups next to each other and compare them just by switching the window.

When you get used to working this way you will find out that it's a great feature.

Patrick Schemkes

• 6.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 11-20-2017 07:33

option 2 sounds good, click once for properties, twice to open directly.

• 7.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 11-24-2017 03:50

Option 2 sounds like a good option.

I can see that some users seem to like the multiple window feature but I think if you had the option to open a new window or not would be beneficial.

Paul

• 8.  Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 11-30-2017 01:15

These additional tab windows have pros and cons.
    In normal use of Internet Explorer or Chrome there is the following function:
    If you click on a link with the left mouse button, the linked page opens in the same window (if not otherwise indicated in the HTML code)
    If you click on a link with the mouse wheel, the linked page opens in a new tab.

Maybe this would be a solution for Trimble Connect Web.

• 9.  RE: Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 12-11-2020 01:43
    Edited by Olivier Pellegrin 12-11-2020 02:47
      |   view attached
    Hello, I give a up to this thread with something new.

The new Trimble Connect Navigator is good but there are a few things that bother me in the Navigation Tab:
    1 - We can't expand columns as it is possible in many Data Management platforms. Files which have quite a long name are not clearly visible, we have to look at the individually...
    2 - File size are shown in GB, even if there are small, I think It would be better if files <0.10 GB were shown in MB 
    3 - How can I share a file with the Option "Any User with the link"? It seems to be non-functional...

Thank you

------------------------------
    Olivier Pellegrin

• 10.  RE: Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 12-11-2020 04:31
    Hi @Olivier Pellegrin

Thank you for your feedback. 
    for your question on point3  - ​after you are done typing the email address hit the enter key - this will validate the email address :

Laura Cook

• 11.  RE: Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 12-11-2020 08:01
    Thank you Laura you are right!
    Regards,

Olivier Pellegrin

• 12.  RE: Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 02-19-2021 07:12
    Hi @Olivier Pellegrin

Just wanted to inform you we have introduced the new feature that allows for adjusting the columns in Data Explorer​!

========================================
    Laura Cook
    Product Manager | Trimble Connect
    ========================================

• 13.  RE: Re: Trimble Connect Web

Posted 02-19-2021 07:17
    Hello @Laura Cook, That's awesome! thank you :)​

Olivier Pellegrin