Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding users to multiple projects

• 1.  Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 10-22-2018 00:34

Is it possible to add a member to multiple projects at once, instead of having to do it individually project by project?

Also, when I try to add persons to a project I can look in a company directory. I am currently working on a joint venture project and users have different domain names to myself.Is there a way of adding users from company directories other then those with the same domain as myself?

Paul

• 2.  Re: Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 10-23-2018 19:05

You can add users from company directory by clicking the button next to email address text field and select the associated company domain(s) from the list.

team, members, company, email, domain

For adding members to multiple projects request, I would recommended you try export team member to excel from one of the project that you would like to use as template under Team tab. After updating the Excel spreadsheet and add users in the list, then use "Import from Excel" feature to import multiple users at once to a project one-by-one.

We will pass your questions to our product team to review and improve the project team invitation process going forward and please feel free to let us know if you have any feedback. 

• 3.  Re: Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 10-24-2018 00:04

Hello Fern,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware and already use 2 methods that you have mentioned here, both of which work well, but that doesn't help when, for example, a new starter joins and needs access to multiple projects that have already been set up. You mention in your response about adding users to projects one by one. We have over 100 projects so do invite a user individually is impractical and very time consuming.

I hope this highlights the issue more thoroughly.

Regards

Paul

• 4.  Re: Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 10-24-2018 01:09

Hi Paul,

Thanks for giving us this insight. Its useful We will assess how this can be addressed and keep you posted on the updates.

Regards

Darshan

• 5.  RE: Re: Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 03-16-2021 06:53
    Has there been any update on this? We're still wasting enormous amounts of time dealing with this. Please post an update.

• 6.  RE: Re: Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 03-16-2021 20:56
    Hi Ervin,
    We don't have any updates yet.

Regards
    Darshan

------------------------------
    Darshan Rajaram Kamat
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Re: Adding users to multiple projects

Posted 06-08-2023 04:51

Hi