Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Model filtering in TCM

• 1.  Model filtering in TCM

Posted 10-02-2018 08:46

I have loaded multiple models into Trimble Connect to view together. Occasionally I need to view all these models simultaneously, but sometimes I wish to view only one.

There is a function on the mobile application where I can choose to hide or show models. So I thought I could just turn the models that I wish to see or not using this function.

It doesn't appear to work however.

An example of this is shown below:

I have a project where I have loaded 2 models. A rebar model and also a concrete model. I have shown the concrete as transparent to show the rebar is present.

I can then go into the model viewer to show the models shown. Here you can see that both are shown:

I then hide the concrete model:

But all the models disappear:

This has happened on several projects we have created. Where multiple models are required in view but 1 or 2 need to be switched on and off. Sometimes all models will disappear and sometimes none will be hidden.

Is this a known issue?

Regards

Paul

• 2.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 10-02-2018 23:34

Hi Paul,

With respect to the model viewer in Mobile app, the case of all models disappearing is known issue and we are planning to take it up. For the case where none of the files are hidden, it wasn't observed. 

Request you to send the project and model details to connect-support@trimble.com , so that we can investigate and address root cause of the problem. 

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 3.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 10-02-2018 23:44

Thanks Darshan,

I will send details. It seems to me that when there are multiple models then the appearance, hiding and un-hiding seems to be connected to just one of these files.

Any idea on when you are going to fix the known issue? I guess from your reply it's not being worked on at this point.

Please let me now what you find.

Regards 

Paul

• 4.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 10-03-2018 01:53

Hi Paul,

The known issue is not being worked on in current release. However, we will consider it for next release. Will keep you posted on the latest updates for the same.

Regards

Darshan

• 5.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 04-11-2019 02:24

Hello Darshan,

Can you provide any update on this known issue.

Regards

Paul

• 6.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 04-12-2019 01:50

Hi Paul,

This was taken up for fix. Our Support team will get in touch with you soon for the same.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 7.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 04-15-2019 02:30

Hello Darshan,

Unfortunately this issue still exists. Only this last week I have had the same issue. I am using the latest mobile version also.

Regards

Paul

• 8.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 04-15-2019 21:03

Hi Paul,

Sorry to know this. We will have to recheck. We will analyze and get back.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

cc// @Raghavendra Jayamangal , @Ankit Sulodia

• 9.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 07-18-2019 02:42

Hello @Darshan Rajaram Kamat Can you provide any update to this?

This issue still exists in our models and its becoming a real problem.

Regards

Paul

• 10.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 07-18-2019 05:00

Hi Paul,

We had taken up this issue for fix. But unfortunately the approach to solving this problem has given rise some other scenarios that need to be fixed. Else the sanity cases of model loading will get impacted. Efforts are still on to solve both the problems. 

Regards

Darshan Kamat

cc// @Marcel Broekmaat

• 11.  Re: Model filtering in TCM

Posted 02-06-2020 03:29

This issue is still not fixed? Does not work in our mobiles. Still not showing anything when turning off one of the models.