Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How are you using Trimble Connect?

• 1.  How are you using Trimble Connect?

Posted 08-29-2018 23:32

There are quite a lot of uses for Trimble Connect.

I have listed a couple, you can list the rest!

what are your uses? what features do you use the most?

• Basic file sharing?
    • Collaboration between on site and in the office?
    • Coordination of Models?

I personally like the file linking the most, provides a seamless workflow from design, detail to construct/fabricate.*

• 2.  Re: How are you using Trimble Connect?

Posted 09-14-2018 14:39

Jay,
    I was going to use it to coordinate and collaborate with my field team and subs. Right now the way this thing is set up I'm the only one on here from my company.. and that is sort-of deflating my momentum.

I was using it to put models up for the field team. I was using Tekla Bimsight before, and found this to be way better. and its also awesome for sharing all other types of construction files dwg's etc.
    You can take a bunch of shit and slam it together in connect, like you can in navis - but with Connect you can let "anyone" do it.. by anyone, I mean folks that are willing to pay.

For a little bit I was using it to push and pull survey files right from the field with field link. That was pretty cool, and made for a nice flow. I now use TOPCON and.. well, their isn't a snazy Trimble tie-in with the field link.

The connection between connect, sketchup, and tekla is pretty solid. I liked that.