Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ToDos on PDF in TC Mobile

• 1.  ToDos on PDF in TC Mobile

Posted 03-26-2019 00:49

Good morning,

I have a question about Trimble Connect - why does Trimble Connect in the mobile version have no own system to open a pdf? (the file must be unpacked to temporary storage and uses the built-in pdf viewer on the phone)?

In Trimble Connect mobile I can not add a cloud to a pdf file when I create ToDos - why? - it is very important!

Regards

Arek

• 2.  Re: ToDos on PDF in TC Mobile

Posted 03-26-2019 01:51

Hi Arek,

Thanks for providing valuable inputs. Connect for Mobile doesn't have in-built support for pdf viewer / 2D document viewer yet. Its part of our roadmap. We will keep you posted when this is made available.

If there are specific requests with respect to features(apart from markups), please let us know. Also could you please let us know your workflow on usage of pdfviewer in mobile. Is it part of on-site team and how frequently they would use this. This will help us a lot while prioritizing.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 3.  Re: ToDos on PDF in TC Mobile

Posted 03-27-2019 04:06

Hello Darshan,

It is extremely important issue.

Please send me contact details (email or skype).

Regards

Arek

• 4.  Re: ToDos on PDF in TC Mobile

Posted 03-27-2019 04:10

Hi Arek,

Please email me at - darshan_rajaramkamat@trimble.com.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 5.  Re: ToDos on PDF in TC Mobile

Posted 03-29-2019 03:10

I think you have a big point here. Trimble should be following the path off other like Procore and build also technology into Trimble Connect to link pdf's. Intelligent OCR detection off marks and link automatically details with the reference plans. And it would be nice too a way off comparing drawings revision so you dont miss anything when its a change on the plans.