Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Open Closed-Traverse Adjustment on TBC

• 1.  Open Closed-Traverse Adjustment on TBC

Posted 02-20-2020 08:12
      |   view attached

I'm looking at feedback on how to adjust an Open Closed-Traverse on TBC. I have been looking for this information for a while and all I've found is closed-loop traverse only. Even with this one (closed-loop traverse) I have only found the Compass/Transit/Bowditch adjustments and not much on the Least Squares.

By definition: An Open Closed-Traverse begins and ends at two different, but known points.

I want to be able to have a good/reliable method to adjust on scenarios such as this: 0.5 mile Section Line with two base-lines, one at the beginning and one at the end (see attachment for a graphic example). This will eliminate the "round trip" and at the same time, adjusting the traverse with two known baselines.

I think the community should get clarification and guidance on how to do this on TBC.

Thanks, guys for any feedback either from Trimble or from the community!

• 2.  RE: Open Closed-Traverse Adjustment on TBC

Posted 11-17-2021 14:24
    Hi Randy, i did get the open-closed traverse to adjust in TBC by merging the end total station foreshot with the intended closure coordinate and then runing the traverse adjustment. 
    Good luck!
    Ryan

------------------------------
    Ryan Wells
    ------------------------------