Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Terraflex frequently crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 10

• 1.  Trimble Terraflex frequently crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 10

Posted 09-14-2020 15:03

It happens frequently and seemingly at random, causing the app to close automatically and lose all information collected thus far on the form. It happens most often when saving many pictures or when I have the form open for an extended period, but can happen even seconds after starting a form. I have tried clearing the app cache, deleting and reinstalling the app, clearing synced forms, whitelisting the app from battery saver (app kill) settings, clearing RAM, and closing all other running apps including those running in the background. The issue persists. No bug report or other error information is given. If I save the form as a draft before it crashes or it is submitted, the form will fail to load completely when reopened; it then cannot be edited or submitted  and is stuck "in limbo" permanently, rendering the data useless. Does anyone have a solution to this/these problem(s)?

• 2.  Re: Trimble Terraflex frequently crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 10

Posted 09-15-2020 17:18

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting this question here. Issues like this are best investigated through a support ticket by sending an email to TerraFlex_Support@trimble.com.

I have already received the case you submitted and responded with some additional steps to move this forward.

- Lane

Trimble Geospatial Support

• 3.  RE: Re: Trimble Terraflex frequently crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 10

Posted 08-20-2021 08:54
    Lane,

I know this has been a while but what was the resolution to this? I am having a similar issue on an android device. I know how to clear cache and storage space on TerraFlex for windows but don't see how to clear it on an android device. I know that uninstalling the app will work but this customer doesn't want to lose data on the handheld from the days prior. 

Best,

------------------------------
    Zach Edwards

• 4.  RE: Re: Trimble Terraflex frequently crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 10
    Best Answer

Posted 08-20-2021 09:07
    I figured this out by going to settings, storage & USB, apps, TerraFlex clear data and clear cache. Note that clearing data is like an uninstall. All your projects will have to be reloaded.

Zach Edwards