"Connect to Trimble Catalyst" does not work within the Trimble mobile manager for the following devices.
Google Pixel 2 XL (Android 10)
Huawei p30 (Android 10)
Samsung S9+ (Android 10)
Samsung Note 2 (Android 10)
Works gr8 for:
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Android 8)
Galaxy Tab Active2(Android 9)
Not sure if it has anything to do with the android version?
Have already tried uninstalling and installing Trimble Mobile Manager & Catalyst Service
I've added some troubleshooting steps below but it looks like you've been pretty thorough already.
Go through the steps and If it's still not working submit the log files below from one of the problematic devices
Submitting Log Files
If you haven't already can you submit the log files following the instructions here please: Sending Logs files with Trimble Mobile Manager
Please add a short description to provide context and the support team can take a look at it and get the files analysed if necessary.
Things to check/ Troubleshooting Steps
I just want to check your definition of 'Cannot connect to Trimble Catalyst' here so I understand.
Is this an error message you are seeing when you slide the 'Connect to Trimble Catalyst' on the HOME menu
When you connect the cable and slide the connector are you seeing the USB handshake confirmation similar to the screengrab below?
If not I'd suggest checking the Catalyst HW on another known working device (you've probably already done this) to identify If this is a cable/connector issue.
Cables can be easily replaced If they are damaged following the post Changing/Replacing the Trimble Catalyst DA1 Micro USB Cable
#Some other tips
Thank you TOM for the quick reply!
I have already checked the cable with multiple other devices, so i do not suspect this.Shall check the other details in your post and also check the Battery Optimization settings and revert back.
Hi Again Tom,
We did this.
1. Uninstall & Reinstall the software components.2. Did the configuration changes for Battery Optimization.
3. Posted the log from Trimble Mobile Manager to support.
The first 2 items did not make any difference, we observed that, so long as the "Connect to Trimble Catalyst" sign was ON, the catalyst service icon was appearing and disappearing in the title bar for Android devices which had the issue.
What we haven't tried
Replacing Catalyst micro USB cable, but we doubt this...since the same antenna is working quite nicely on devices i mentioned above. If you want we can try this as well...
I bll've this is a software or configuration issue within the device rather than a HW issue.
Background on How we are using this service:
We are using the catalyst SDK with Xamarin within our app and our app is not working/unable to start the catalyst service on the devices as mentioned above. And we use the Trimble Mobile Manager as an external application to validate the configuration, that is when we noticed the issue.
Thanks Sandeep - we have received the logs and will begin the analysis
Just one simple thing to check with this additional information.
Please make sure you are not already connected to the Catalyst DA1 through your TPSDK application when you try to test in Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM). If you are already connected via your application this will prevent TMM from connecting directly to the DA1 as only one direct connection is permitted at any one time.
This may be the simple solution here
Yes Tom, we are aware of this constrain in the Catayst Service.
While testing we usually restart the mobile,
run TMM with Catalyst
Our app directly after the restart.
Can you check the Permissions for the Trimble Catalyst Service app please?
You should be able to access this via:
The logs indicate a problem with the service permission setting for the USB accessory
Today we released an update to the Trimble Catalyst Service [v1.2.2347] that should resolve this.
Thank you for your patience
I have a customer with the same issue "Not Connecting" in TMM with Cataylst.
The just installed for the first time today TMM and the latest Trimble Catalyst Service app.
TMM recognizes the antenna and the 1 month of Precision Subscription.
They have a Samsung Tab-A. They follow all the instructions about Battery Optimization too.
They tried without and with the external battery.
Also tried the :
*They did send in their LOG file this afternoon too
I had the same problem and I solved it by going to the settings of the Android applications and allowing the floating windows.
I will have the customer give it a try.
The Floating Windows option did not resolve the customers issue.
We are getting them a new USB cable to test with. Also they will test with a different Android compatible device.