Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DA1: 5Hz update with SV-based RTX

• 1.  DA1: 5Hz update with SV-based RTX

Posted 02-18-2020 14:18

With a DA1 antenna, I can request a 5Hz update rate when using an autonomous or SBAS solution using the following code:

Once I've started a survey using RTX, 5Hz solutions seem to be available unless the app has to fallback to SV-based delivery of these corrections.  In that case, the solution rate is reduced to 1Hz.  Is there any work around for this?

• 2.  Re: DA1: 5Hz update with SV-based RTX
    Best Answer

Posted 02-19-2020 02:22

Hi,

I did some brief testing and can confirm the reported behavior.

So turning on 5Hz via the Positioning interface (via something like this in java)

ISsiPositioning ssiPositioning = (ISsiPositioning) sensor.getInterface(SsiInterfaceType.SsiPositioning);
    if (ssiPositioning != null) {

PositioningSettings posSettings = new PositioningSettings();

if (ssiPositioning.isSupported(PositioningParameterType.PositionRate)) {
            IPositioningParameterRate posRate = (IPositioningParameterRate) ssiPositioning.createPositioningParameter(PositioningParameterType.PositionRate);
            posRate.setRate(PositionRate.FiveHz);
            posSettings.add(posRate);
        }

ssiPositioning.addPositionListener(positionListener);
        ssiPositioning.startPositioning(posSettings);
    }

Results in a 5Hz output UNTIL you fall back from RTK to RTX SV.

Both RTX streams provide 1Hz only (IP and SV).

I can't say at the moment if this is an issue in the SDK layer or the engine layer. So we'll do a bit of digging.

Doing the same with a traditional receiver works by the way. So an R10 provides an 5Hz RTX stream.