Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMM Login Intent Needs Cancel Option

• 1.  TMM Login Intent Needs Cancel Option

Posted 11-11-2020 13:00

When "com.trimble.tmm.LOGIN" intent is triggered, the login window presented has no cancel option. If a user does not have a Trimble account and for any reason can't sign up for one, our application that triggered the intent is blocked until the user force-quits the app.   The TMM Login screen needs a "Cancel" option, or needs to exit on back press (the screen currently appears to reload on back press).

Are there any suggested work-arounds to this issue?

Thanks,

Will

• 2.  Re: TMM Login Intent Needs Cancel Option

Posted 11-13-2020 10:02

@Will Dimmit I have noticed this same behavior as well in our application. To my understanding the only resolution is like you mentioned, the user must force quit the application in order to get out of the TMM login screen. +1 it would be great to see a different solution for users.

• 3.  Re: TMM Login Intent Needs Cancel Option

Posted 11-16-2020 06:43

Hi,

as of now you guys are correct - and there is no graceful solution.

The problem is that the browser hosting the login has no cancel option as of today - so TMM has certain ways to customize the login view (like background color and other elements); but a Cancellation token is not part of this config.

Otherwise we have no control over this.

I'll make a feature request to see what we can do here. This is nothing short-term - but we'll look into this and make the corresponding feature requests ourselves if needed (my guess).

Regards

Nico

• 4.  Re: TMM Login Intent Needs Cancel Option

Posted 11-26-2020 07:16

Quick addition to this thread as it just came to my mind:
    the upcoming TMM release v2.7 will address this issue. So pressing back in v2.7 will throw the user back in the calling application; no need to kill processes. 

Its not super fast due to the way the message gets propagated in Android - but works nicely.