Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

• 1.  Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 09-24-2019 14:09

Having trouble with Catalyst in Collector.  Using TMM on the device I am able to connect to the Catalyst antenna and receive postilions with corrections.  I disconnect Catalyst and open Collector, I select Settings and Location Provider, Select Catalyst, set Antenna Height, Select Catalyst as the current provide, I then I get a pop-up on the screen asking to login to TMM for authentication, I select OK.  The program tries to open TMM and then locks up.  Collector becomes corrupted and requires an uninstall and reinstall.  This problem has occurred on two devices, Samsung S7 Edge and Samsung S10+.  I have followed the document Configuring Catalyst in ESRI Collector and the 6 steps in the Nico Becke response to a similar question on May 21, 2018. 

• 2.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 09-25-2019 05:11

Hi Raul,

the steps you describe for connecting are perfectly fine.

We are not aware of a generic issue here - but it seems that something on Samsung devices is in some cases behaving weird.

To nail down your issues can you

1. Send us a log via TMM (via the contact email in 'Information' and 'Send email'). This email will also contain a log file with some details that hopefully nail down the problem.

2. If you have the option try a none-Samsung phone (just to understand if its manufacturer specific or not).

Regards
    Nico

• 3.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 09-25-2019 08:28

Nico,

Attached is the information from TMM.

Raul Fonda Professional Associate

D 303.643.6703 M 720.288.7265

hdrinc.com/follow-us<http://hdrinc.com/follow-us>

• 4.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 06:45

Ahm,

did the attachment maybe got filtered? We neither got anything via the default help email nor via the thread here. Or am I missing something?

• 5.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 06:53
      |   view attached

Attachment(s)

zip
    EmailSupportData.zip   105 KB 1 version

• 6.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 06:53

Just resent to you.

• 7.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 06:58

Got it, thanks... Checking now

• 8.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 07:12

OK,

the log looks 'fine'.

I guess that Collector locks up because it ends in an endless loop - trying to log in but failing... At least there are a lot of login-tries in the log. 

I guess you don't need to uninstall Collector but just 'force stop' the application. If you tab & hold on the application (app-icon in the drawer) you should get something like 'App-Info'. Here you can force-stop and application. I believe this will at least avoid the re-install.

As for the issue... I mentioned in the beginning that we currently have an issue with some Samsung phones - we nailed it down by now to be an obfuscation problem where licensing itself works fine - but storing the file gets corrupted because of encrypted strings. So we use the serial of the device for storing the file - and the serial seems to get corrupted on same Samsung devices if obfuscation is turned on (which is the case). 

At least thats our current analysis.

I BELIEVE a none-Samsung phone should fix the problem for now on your side. 

Meanwhile we are working on a fix version for this. We need to verify this a bit more as the analysis is fresh. 

But this seems to be the root of the problem. Why it only happens on same devices and why its Samsung specific we don't know at the moment.  

• 9.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 07:36

Nico,

Force stop doesn’t work for Collector, it always needs to be reinstalled.

Our company doesn’t have any non-Samsung phones, I did test on my personal Samsung S10+ and it worked fine.

• 10.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 10-01-2019 07:56

So the problem is only on 'some' devices.

We have a case where two identical S8 have been next to each other - same OS version, same phone model, same TMM etc... Different account although same subscriptions - one was working, one showed the described behavior.

If your company has only Samsung phones you can either search for a phone that works or wait for the fix.

Right now I would guess it affects less then 1% of all Samsung phones - because we don't have many issues... Around 5 reported world wide... And the TMM installation count on Samsung is MUCH higher... 

Having two trouble makers is a lot of bad luck (sorry). 

• 11.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication

Posted 12-09-2019 05:27

Hi there,

I have the same problem as described by @Raul Fonda on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2.

Do you already know when this problem will be fixed?

• 12.  Re: Collector/Catalyst/TMM Authentication
    Best Answer

Posted 12-12-2019 03:28

Hi Maximilian,

the problem is understood and fixed since a while now.

The two recent TMM updates handle the Samsung device serial correctly, the corresponding SDK is also released.

I case you use TMM all should be good by now (latest release is 2.2.0.560 - which has small improvements in the on-demand workflow); in case you use a software package implementing Trimble Precision SDK for Catalyst the application needs to update to the latest SDK version.

In case the application hasn't migrated to the latest SDK but supports mock location a temporal work around may be using mock locations instead of the Catalyst driver directly - but this depends on the application and your needs.

Regards

Nico