Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

• 1.  Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

Posted 03-06-2020 12:25

I'm new to Trimble Connect and Terraflex.

I have uploaded a polygon shapefile for my project footprint into Trimble Connect.  But it does not appear in the mobile app (TerraFlex).  How I do I get it show up when I'm in the field.

• 2.  Re: Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex
    Best Answer

Posted 03-26-2020 09:04

James,

Hi, this is done via creating a "ToDo" aka Task.

See my screen shot.

"ToDo" workflow for imported SHP or current data in Trimble Connect to be used as a Task in TerraFlex.

• 3.  Re: Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

Posted 03-26-2020 09:21

An email should have been sent to the person you assigned the "ToDo".

Here is the message in the upper left of the Map Workspace letting you know that a "ToDo's" - Task were created.

• 4.  RE: Re: Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

Posted 01-13-2022 21:47
    I select the points on the map but the todo doesn't list them just get 0/0 forms most frustrating

------------------------------
    Dave Humphreys

• 5.  RE: Re: Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

Posted 01-16-2022 13:09
    Edited by Kim Bilton 01-16-2022 13:10
    Hello Dave.

When you see 0/0 forms in task, this usually indicates that you have not published a Template for this Layer in Map Viewer.
    To do this, after importing the file to Map Viewer, you then need to select the icon in the the Data window that says "Add":

This creates a new Template from the imported Layer. Once you have published the Template, you can then select points/lines/polygons in the map and generate a ToDo. You should then see something like 0/4 forms updated in Terraflex (rather than 0/0 forms updated).

Kim Bilton

• 6.  Re: Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

Posted 03-26-2020 10:35

James,

1 thing to consider is that the "Advanced" version of TerraFlex is required to send data and to be able to use the ToDo/Task in the field. 

See this website for more information about creating the ToDo - Task: Online Terraflex Help under section #8 – Creating tasks for data maintenance

Thanks,

Jay

• 7.  RE: Re: Viewing imported shapefiles on TerraFlex

Posted 10-20-2023 02:11

I have had this issue in the past.
    I simply want to see the uploaded shapefile (that I can see on Trimble connect just fine), but will not show in terraflex mobile app.
    I dont have any need for ToDos or updating current information in the file I uploaded - just simply want to see the file on the map in the field! To navigate to it.

Extremely frustrating... should just be normal that an uploaded file would be visible by default on a map... how else do you navigate to it.?

Sean Moffatt