Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Mobile Manager Offline Issues with TDC150

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Trimble Mobile Manager Offline Issues with TDC150

Posted 09-30-2021 14:01
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi,

I am using Trimble Mobile Manager with ArcGIS Collector on a TDC 150. I recently set up our device to go out with a field team from early Aug to mid Sept where they were working offline. During the first two weeks, they would start their day in the field and find that TMM had logged out on them approximately every 2-3 days. I thought the login was supposed to last for 30 days - is there a reason why it logged out every other day or so? They ended up needing to drive back to the hotel to log in and in places where they had service they would hotspot off of their phones. We ended up needing to implement a protocol where they remembered to check the app each day before leaving the hotel. This was super inconvenient for the field crew and not what we expected of TMM. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Steph

------------------------------
    Stephanie Clarke

• 2.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Offline Issues with TDC150

Posted 10-01-2021 07:12
    Stephanie,

From my experience, running the TDC 150s withOUT wifi or cellular works best. That way, the app doesn't log you out. I have found that TMM and even Trimble Apps (TerraFlex & PenMap) can log you out or have stability issues if you are going in and out of celluar/wifi coverage. Unless you are running VRS or any cellular corrections, turn off the Wifi on the unit and disable the cellular if you have a SIM in there. Then you can download maps for offline usage with Collector and run completely disconnected with SBAS. All that being said, it's a good idea to check before you leave a connected environment.

Zach Edwards

• 3.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Offline Issues with TDC150

Posted 10-01-2021 09:15
    Hi Zach,

Thanks! We were working completely offline - our device does not have a SIM card and I made sure the wifi was turned off. That's part of the reason why it was so confusing and frustrating that it kept logging out of TMM.

Stephanie Clarke

• 4.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Offline Issues with TDC150

Posted 10-06-2021 11:34
    Hello,

I'm having same issue as Steph after the latest software update.  I'm using TDC600 with Trimble Connect & Penmap software.  Even in remote locations with wifi off and no sim card, the penmap software logged out after I was already in an active data collection session.  It's frustrating to have to interrupt fieldwork to drive back to wifi network or cell service.

I value a stable system over constant cloud-based connectivity. 

Please advise.

Sarah Pistone

• 5.  RE: Trimble Mobile Manager Offline Issues with TDC150

Posted 03-02-2022 13:30
    In case this issue is still alive, this update will be of help:
    Trimble Mobile Manager has been updated to version 2.9.5 and is now available on the Apple App store and Android Play store.

TMM 2.9.5 removes the need for users to login with a Trimble ID when connecting to R-series receivers, Spectra receivers or the TDC150. Users of Catalyst based receivers (DA2, DA1) will need to continue to login in as before.
    From a workflow perspective users will see that opening TMM will take them to the Home screen of the app. Users will only be asked to login if they connect to a receiver that requires it, either the Catalyst DA2 or DA1.

For users of ArcGIS Field Maps an update from Esri will be needed to take advantage of this new functionality. We are in close conversation with our colleagues at Esri to ensure that the TMM/Field Maps solution is aligned ASAP. We will update you as soon as we have more news on this.

I'd like to thank everyone, especially those who have provided feedback, for your patience as we have worked towards this solution.

Mark Kellaway