Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMM is not finding the ULEFONE 10 smartphone internal GNSS

• 1.  TMM is not finding the ULEFONE 10 smartphone internal GNSS

Posted 09-19-2021 07:37
    I recently changed my Huawei smartphone for a rugged ULEFONE 10 5G that comes with an internal GNSS  but the latest TMM app it is not connecting to this autonomous internal GNSS   any suggestion?

------------------------------
    Alexander Holsteinson

• 2.  RE: TMM is not finding the ULEFONE 10 smartphone internal GNSS

Posted 09-21-2021 01:09
    Hi Alexander

TMM won't support your phones internal GNSS chipset. 
    On Android, Trimble Mobile Manager supports the following external GNSS receivers only:
    • Trimble Catalyst GNSS positioning service
    • Trimble R Series receivers
    • Spectra Precision Series receivers
    Trimble Mobile Manager can also be run on the following Android handhelds with integrated high‑accuracy GNSS receivers:
    • Trimble TDC150 GNSS handheld
    • Spectra Precision SP20 GNSS handheld
    • Trimble EMPOWER EM100 GNSS receiver (on supported Trimble Android host devices)
    You can find this and iOS information on the Trimble Mobile Manager Online Help - Supported Receivers

Tom Harrison

• 3.  RE: TMM is not finding the ULEFONE 10 smartphone internal GNSS

Posted 10-14-2021 12:57
    Thanks Tom   my ULEFONE 10 with Android OS 10 is not showing nor it is allowing me to enable the develpment options for location sharing mock in TMM latest version

Alexander Holsteinson

• 4.  RE: TMM is not finding the ULEFONE 10 smartphone internal GNSS

Posted 10-18-2021 08:06
    Hi Alexander

If I understand this question, developer options by default, are hidden on Android and need to be enabled following the steps here
    Then it should just be a case of scrolling through the Dev Options to the Mock Locations section and selecting TMM
    I have seen conflict between other apps in the past GNSS Status/SPace that have not relinquished their status as mock location provider and so had to be deleted to establish TMM as the provider

If your are unable to even enable developer options then I have limited input other than to search around any ULEFONE specific help material on how to do this

Tom Harrison