Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Connect 3D Project files that have opened for months, now will not open in trimble connect!!

• 1.  Trimble Connect 3D Project files that have opened for months, now will not open in trimble connect!!

Posted 02-28-2024 12:00

I have many project 3d model files loaded into a trimble connect project. They vary form SKP, DWG, REVIT, IFC formats
    Most of these have been loaded and viewed for months, and now for some reason some of them will not open in trimble connect.

The files that seem to be the problem are exports from Archicad 26 to SKP files which we load into trimble...

---> The thing to note is that we HAD NOT Uploaded Anything to Trimble when this started... One day it was working and the next day some of the models would not open.

I have tried publishing new versions of these files and loading into connect, but that does not solve the problem....

This is crazy troubling as we use Trimble Connect for viewing the fully assembled model for various projects.

How do i trouble shoot this?

------------------------------
    Gary Ford

• 2.  RE: Trimble Connect 3D Project files that have opened for months, now will not open in trimble connect!!

Posted 02-29-2024 08:48

I do know that Trimble connect desktop version wont run  unless you have internet and this is  how some changes to your software happen could happen.

Separately , I use the Trimble TSC5 controller with Trimble access software. And I believe Trimble can gain access to my controller. The other day some settings got changed.

For me , its a bit worrying if others are able to make changes to my systems.

I generally never update anything. This way , everything always works. 

For me , the biggest problem is that Trimble connect wont work if there is no internet. It will work that same day . but if you don't have internet the next day and you try and use Trimble connect , your desktop version of connect won't work. So although Trimble connect is very useful , it can also be a risk to my projects.

Andrew Newmarch

• 3.  RE: Trimble Connect 3D Project files that have opened for months, now will not open in trimble connect!!

Posted 02-29-2024 09:15

Hello @gary Ford

the problem with the models not loading in Trimble Connect Web 3D Viewer should be fixed. If necessary, delete the web cache (https://clear-my-cache.com/)

The problem with the SKP files created from ArchiCAD is currently still under development.

Support - Team BuildingPoint AG