Today we launched a new version of the Trimble Connect 3D Viewer (v1.0.108 release note), available at https://3d.connect.trimble.com. This update introduces a new feature: the attachments panel. The attachments panel lists all model attachments and visualizes linked objects. The attachment panel can be accessed from the left side toolbar by clicking the link icon.
Overview of included functionality:
- List attachments and linked objects: The attachments panel lists files, ToDos and URLs that are linked to objects of models that are loaded to the viewer. Make sure to load the models to the viewer from the Models panel to see related attachments. Also, the panel lists all objects to which the attachment has been linked to
- Visualize linked objects: When an item is selected in the attachment panel, the object(s) to which the attachment is linked to, are automatically selected in the 3D view. Correspondingly, when a model object is selected in the 3D view the linked item is selected in the attachments panel
- Filter by visibility: It is possible to show attachments only from visible objects in the panel by changing the filter setting to “Visible objects”. When the filter is active, attachments from hidden objects won’t be listed in the panel.
- Search by name: It’s possible to search attachments by name by clicking the search icon in the top of the panel
- View and remove attachments: The context menu has options to view attachments and remove attachments by removing the link to object(s). View in Connect option opens the Connect viewer that matches the attachment type. View in new window option downloads the attachment and opens it to a new tab in the browser window
- Control the amount of attachments to be loaded: In some projects, there may be more attachments in the models than a specific device and browser combination can reasonably load. In this case, it is recommended to adjust the upper limit of how many attachments the 3D Viewer tries to load. The setting can be adjusted in Settings → Preferences → Attachments: