We are pleased to announce the release of Trimble Positions Desktop add-in 10.8.0.1. The installation package is available for download through the usual sites (trimble.com/positions, geospatial.trimble.com). The release notes fully describe the new functionality and issues addressed.
- Local postprocessing for the TerraFlex cloud workflow. During publishing, projects can now be configured for postprocessing. Data collected through TerraFlex on an Android™ device or Windows® device with supported Trimble receivers (R1 or R2 GNSS receiver, TDC150 GNSS handheld receiver, EM100 GNSS module) can be downloaded and postprocessed in the Desktop add-in using the existing Session Manager workflow.
- Support for ArcGIS Desktop 10.8. The Desktop add-in now supports ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 and should support future point releases without requiring an updated installer. Additionally, compatibility with ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.x and 10.3.x has been restored.
- Software auto updater. The Desktop add-in now notifies you that a newer version is available. Using the Desktop Configuration app, minor updates can be downloaded and installed on-the-fly while major updates can be downloaded and installed manually.
- Create and include background map packages with TerraFlex Offline projects. Users of the TerraFlex Offline workflow can now generate and include custom basemap and reference layer packages in the .tfin file sent to TerraFlex.
- Accuracy reporting (68/95%) option for TerraFlex workflows. Users of all TerraFlex workflows can now configure accuracy reporting for both field and office. Additional office-side metadata is also available.
- New office-side metadata fields. Based on customer requests, several new metadata values have been added that can be transferred to feature class attributes when forms are downloaded: Accuracy Reporting Setting, X Coordinate (in the current map coordinate system), Y Coordinate (in the current map coordinate system).
- Improvements to TerraSync SSF/DDF import workflows. DDFs with an older schema version (v5) can now be used. In addition, a coordinate system can be selected for the created file geodatabase when importing a DDF/SSF. Finally, you can choose whether to propagate the required field property from the DDF into the feature class attributes. A few bugs have also been fixed in this area with regards to incorrect range domain and default value handling.
Important Note: Our recommendation has always been to do an uninstall of the old version prior to installing a new version and this recommendation has not changed. As a reminder, your Trimble Positions office database and configuration information is not touched in the process.
For more information, please contact your Trimble Mapping & GIS Distribution Partner.