Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

542 rtk base station

• 1.  542 rtk base station

Posted 8 days ago
    i have a 542 rtk base station and field lines from two years ago are out by six feet. wondering if rezoning it would fix problem.also dont have a user/ operator manual for it.wondering where i could get it from.company that sold me system is not around anymore.thanks for any help.

• 2.  RE: 542 rtk base station

Posted 7 days ago
    Edited by Delton Searles 7 days ago
      |   view attached

Ben,

Is your Base Location the same as it was two years ago?  The first thing I would look at is that the 542 lost power, or was shut down for an extended period and came back on with Autobase disabled, or put into Autobase Here Mode, and it grabbed a new base position, thus shifting your lines.  If your Base Name in the front screen is Auto0000X, then that's most likely what happened.  If you have it, put your old base position back in the receiver from when you set the lines and they should shift back.

We don't have a very recent copy of the 542 manual, (Not sure if Trimble ever produced a newer one) but here is the one we have:
    AgGPS_4x2_5x2_3.30B_UserGuide_63198-00-ENG-MD.pdf

Google Docs remove preview
    AgGPS_4x2_5x2_3.30B_UserGuide_63198-00-ENG-MD.pdf
    View this on Google Docs >

UPDATE:  We also have the QRC that was included with the 542's

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7aN81gk-8-Fb2s5dC1UMEZZNlE/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-d5WLu_zdU2a9l-iWNIOBPw

------------------------------
    Delton Searles
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: 542 rtk base station

Posted 7 days ago
    thank you for the manual.if i remember correctly,the base name says AUTO0000X,.i will verify.