Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CAD file formats to import

• 1.  CAD file formats to import

Posted 11-19-2023 10:05

I am new to TBC and trying to figure out how to import  a DWG file. I have figured out how to add it to the "Import file editor" but how do I find the information needed when editing the format? Is there not a way to import file formats and if so where do you get them?

------------------------------
    Hunter Flaugher

• 2.  RE: CAD file formats to import

Posted 11-19-2023 14:24

I have not heard of "Import file editor" in TBC. There is an "Import Format Editor", which is used for creating and editing import formats for ASCII files.  DWG aren't ASCII so you can't really create or edit the format. You shouldn't need to either as the import of DWG files is already supported. In most cases you should be able to just drag and drop a DWG file into a TBC project. However if you select Import and then browse to where the file is stored, you can make some minor changes to the import settings.

James McWha
    Asia Pacific Regional Support Manager, Geospatial

• 3.  RE: CAD file formats to import

Posted 11-19-2023 17:11

Sorry, Thats what I meant to say. I have tried dragging and dropping and selecting the file as well and it doesn't do anything. I am running on a Mac with parallels so there is a possibility that may be the problem but I don't think so as I am able to see the file when I am in the format editor and hit test. 

Hunter Flaugher

• 4.  RE: CAD file formats to import

Posted 11-20-2023 08:27

TBC is made for a PC, not a MAC...so that would be an unsupported environment if you could get it to work.  There is also the core version of TBC, then the paid for editions.  The core of TBC should allow the import.

Scott Bridges