I am new to this community so apologies if some of this has already been addressed. My organization recently made the switch from Geo7X units running TerraSync to TDC650 units running TerraFlex. I have come across multiple limitations within TerraFlex that were available in TerraSync. It seems odd that newer software has limitations that were available in the older software. Below is a list of what I have come across so far and hope that may be updated with future TerraFlex versions.
(1) A field user cannot delete a point that was mistakenly taken. I understand this complaint has been raised by others and may be included in future updates. I would strongly encourage Trimble to do so.
(2) You cannot offset a point without the use of a laser rangefinder. Again, someone else has raised this issue on this discussion board but felt it was necessary to include the limitation in this post.
(3) I have multiple dropdown lists within my form (the fields are not required fields). If a field user selects something from the dropdown, there is no way to blank out that selection if they decide that nothing should be chosen for that field. You can select another radio button, but you cannot get the field to go back to a blank field.
(4) In TerraSync, you could add a waypoint file to your device that would allow you to navigate to previously collected locations (without the ability to update the attribute information). TerraFlex only allows you to import shapefiles, geodatabase, or KML file types. It seems odd that one cannot import a simple .txt or .csv file, yet those file formats can be exported. Why are those file types supported as exports, but not as imports? I understand that most people probably use a GIS solution for mapping their locations, however, our program relies on a relational database that doesn't run through a GIS platform so creating a shapefile is multiple extra steps required on a daily basis.
(5) Downloading features from Trimble Connect can only be sent through email. It would be immensely helpful to have a direct download to your computer instead of having to login to email, wait for the email to come through, download the zip file, and unzip the file to get the data you need for import into a database.