Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Importing from CONNECT

• 1.  Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-11-2024 12:56

My crew has SYNC'd up, but it took forever to get all the data and still the scans aren't linked. I used the TBC Connected Workspace, but there were files missing. I then tried using CONNECT on the web with the survey tools enabled, but I'm missing files. I then tried SYNC and did not get a file error, but the scans still didn't show up. I then used CONNECT on the web to download all the data from the TO DO option. I extracted the data and created a Files folder. TBC still says the RWCX files are missing, but I see them in my folder.

This is a major issue, how do I fix this problem? 

------------------------------
    Tex Barnett

• 2.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-11-2024 16:26

We pulled the data directly off the data collector with a usb and put it on our server and we don't get errors, but the project still doesn't show any point cloud data. 

Tex Barnett

• 3.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-11-2024 16:31

It dawned on me that the RWCX files should be in a folder. So I went back to the data I got from the To DO option, created a folder and got this message:

Tex Barnett

• 4.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-11-2024 16:37

I believe the folder name needs to be exactly the Job Filename (without the extension), a space, and then the word "Files". At least that has been my experience with these linked files.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.

• 5.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-11-2024 16:44

Yep, I did that. I'm now worried my project is some how corrupted. The field crew hasn't had any problems, but that scan data just isn't coming in. I wish I could edit the post title and attach it to the TBC and ACCESS forums now.

Tex Barnett

• 6.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-12-2024 06:24

I have found that I have 1 computer that can't read the point clouds unless a TBC project is started by another computer first. None of the computers can get the scan data off CONNECT.

Tex Barnett

• 7.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-14-2024 17:12

Hello Tex,

Thank you for using the cloud based workflows and apologies that you have ran into this issue.

I am aware of an issue with the Connect web Survey Tools extension where jobs with more than one scan do not sucessfully import to TBC following download. I am looking to get a fix for this into Survey Tools as soon as possible.

I have also reached out to the TBC team to identify if the issue exists in the TBC Connected Workspace or if this issue is coming from our cloud systems. 

Regards

Chay

Chay Froggatt

• 8.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-15-2024 04:23

This new workflow that has been causing my team issues. I have a team of 7 with crew chiefs and techs that just refuse to use your SYNC/CONNECT at all, due to the inconsistencies and the never-ending changes. You stopped making changes and I finally had a couple of crew-chiefs use the software, then you made this big change, and my Techs are refusing to use the software. Now, my other teams are balking, and I don't know when I'll get them back. If this happens there's no point in paying for the yearly subscriptions/warranties…  I might as well just use Microsoft Teams, email, and USB drives to transfer data. 

Tex Barnett

• 9.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-31-2024 05:40

Never ending. with this Connected Workspace. I get the errors below when I try to import into my active project. If I start a new project everything imports. Weeks of work down the drain, because I have to go back through all the raw data and readjust.

Tex Barnett

• 10.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-31-2024 11:32

another error on another project, using a different computer and account.

Tex Barnett

• 11.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 01-31-2024 12:45

Some projects have JOB files that aren't importable when using CONNECT web downloading with the survey task or the ToDo.

Tex Barnett

• 12.  RE: Importing from CONNECT

Posted 11 days ago

I'm glad other people are looking at this. We've completely adopted the cloud based transfers but the new connected workspace is a mire we're not happy with. If anyone is listening, please for the love of everything holy, add an option to download more than one .job and connect files at a time! Everything worked great with the Trimble Sync "download all". How is this new system so clunky and the workflow so slow?

Andrew Haukaas