So in arcgis and trimble connect the area in question looks like this (what we want):
This is in TerraFlex right? Trimble Support says that this will always happen when displaying polygons with holes in them in TerraFlex. It should be getting fixed in the next version of TerraFlex though!
Any idea when the next version of Terraflex will be rolled out? Our company is experiencing this issue too. Except in our case the polygon is only partially rendering. It's creating confusion on site.
I'm not sure when this issue will get fixed. There is an updated version of TerraFlex coming soon because it is in the Early Access testing phase, but I'm not sure if this version will have the fix for this polygon issue.
Firstly. I want to thank you for posting you "issue" about the display in Trimble Connect regarding "polygon within polygon" as I believe it assisted me in a recent issue I was experiencing regarding the display of a models on my desktop computer vs display after uploading to Trimble Connect.
I had used the ValiArchitect Extension/plugin for windows/doors in a particular model. The desktop version appeared fine. Uploaded to TC and the windows/doors created with ValiArchitect appeared to have transparent or "cut-through" geometry filled with original material rather than transparent or "cut" as displayed in the desktop software version of SketchUp.
Your post lead me to test out "exploding" a window as a test. Initially, I only exploded an exterior window, uploaded that version and compared to the initial upload. There was an obvious difference.
I went back and exploded the interior view of that same window. Voila! I could then see through the window as intended (and as seen in the desktop model).
A few more test uploads and a subsequent download of the original file (to see if it displayed as intended in the desktop software after uploading then downloading - all appeared as displayed in the original file).
Ultimately, I tagged all windows & doors with the same tag (layer), selected "All Tagged" then commenced to Explode again and again and again until it was demolished (kidding)...until each was exploded (it appears I may have missed a few but that shall be rectified soon):
Hopefully this is not a duplicate response as I spent a significant amount of time in assembling screenshots and documenting my process only to press the POST button and POOF - it vanished. One can only guess if it may populate as it could be currently affected by geomagnetic activity and populate based on Kp-index levels at... Oh NEVERMIND! :-D
(**Note to self - COPY a typed, detailed comment prior to clicking Post just in case the geomagnetic activity is increased and the Post is forever lost OR it's in the space portal known as a dryer along with missing socks!!)
Summary of previous detailed (disappearing) comment:
Thanks for the post about "polygon within polygon" - I do believe it aided me in getting to a work-around of sorts in regards to a recent issue encountered with use of ValiArchitect Extension/plugin (which is fabulous BTW) and the developer, Chuck, has been most helpful!).
I used the extension for creation on numerous windows/doors while playing around with a design concept. Things appeared as expected in the desktop version. Once uploaded to TC there were some visibility issues.The doors/windows didn't seem to cut through materials - essentially, what should have been transparent was not in any way, shape or form.
This post aided me in getting to a work-around (until the powers that be get to the root of the matter).
The topic of "polygon within polygon" sent me in the direction of EXPLODING a window created with the aforementioned Extension. Brief summary, primarily in images, of the last several hours follows:
VIEWS - (desktop/TC cloud)