Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SYNC Manager (TSM), Connected Workspace (TCW), Trimble Connect, & Access

• 1.  SYNC Manager (TSM), Connected Workspace (TCW), Trimble Connect, & Access

Posted 12-07-2023 14:46

I finally got IT to upgrade TBC to 2023.10. I'm trying to figure out how to use the new TCW workflow, because it should make everything easier. I used to create a TBC project and then use "Send to SYNC" to create a JOB for the field to use. Then open SYNC and import to TBC when the fieldwork was finished. I don't see a way to get my data to CONNECT except by still using the "Send to SYNC". 

Can I get a workflow diagram or something?

------------------------------
    Tex Barnett

• 2.  RE: SYNC Manager (TSM), Connected Workspace (TCW), Trimble Connect, & Access

Posted 12-07-2023 22:10

Hi Tex,

The publish to Connect workflow from TBC didn't get upgraded yet.
    In Trimble Access it is possible to create a job and use the Layer Manager - Add option to select a design file to download from Connect.

Unless you specifically want to use Sync Manager to create the job in the office I would recommend trying the TBC Export - Save as Remote file option followed by the TA Layer Manager - Add file path rather than the old Send to Sync options

We are working on preparing better documentation of this workflow. 

Regards

Chay

Chay Froggatt

• 3.  RE: SYNC Manager (TSM), Connected Workspace (TCW), Trimble Connect, & Access

Posted 12-08-2023 08:22

Hi @Tex Barnett, The current workflow, using Connected Workspace, currently does not offer the ability to upload from TBC to TA. That workflow is being introduced in v2024.0. You can still use the Save Files Remotely function when exporting any files for the time being or Trimble Sync Manager. I hope this helps and I'm glad to hear you're using the new Connected Workflow, I find it much easier to use when exporting from TA/Connect.

Benjamin Messer