Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TD600 constantly closing apps

• 1.  TD600 constantly closing apps

Posted 07-31-2023 02:27

Hi all, my TD600 has developed a quirk, which has made it unusable.

The issue is, when I open any app; as soon as I touch the screen, it closes the app and returns to the home screen.

I've since updated the software and the issue persists, which leads me to believe it is a hardware fault.

I've removed the screen protector, as there was small pockets of trapped air, thinking this could be the issue. I was wrong.

I am now unable to use the TD600 due to this and wondered if anyone is experiencing the same problem, or knows how to fix it. The device is only 2 and a half months old.

------------------------------
    Jonathan Worden

• 2.  RE: TD600 constantly closing apps

Posted 07-31-2023 02:31

Hi Jonathan

If your device is only 2.5 months old then it will still be under warranty

I recommend you contact the Trimble reseller you purchased this from, they will be able to troubleshoot and action a replacement If needed
    You can find your nearest reseller using this URL: https://geospatial.trimble.com/where-to-buy

Tom Harrison

• 3.  RE: TD600 constantly closing apps

Posted 08-01-2023 07:17

Jon,

You can try to factory rest the unit in settings that may clear up the issue. If not contact your Trimble dealer. 

SETTINGS/SYSTEM/ADVANCED/RESET OPTIONS/ERASE ALL DATA (FACTORY RESET). You will have to reload all apps. 

Lane LeBlanc

• 4.  RE: TD600 constantly closing apps

Posted 08-01-2023 11:35

Thank you, I have factory reset the device and the problem persists. I will hand it back to my Trimble dealer to get it fixed

Jonathan Worden