Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TDC600 Issue -- Freezing

• 1.  TDC600 Issue -- Freezing

Posted 05-30-2023 14:41
    While taking Line data with a TDC600 running TerraFlex: The device freezes -- sometimes after hundreds of seconds, sometimes after thousands of seconds, sometimes not at all. Seems to requite a complete reboot. All data being collected are lost.

Problem occurs with both of my teams' TDC600s

Problem has not occurred on either of our two Android phones.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Michael Kennedy

• 2.  RE: TDC600 Issue -- Freezing

Posted 06-08-2023 08:10
    Edited by Tom Harrison 06-08-2023 08:09

HI Michael

I suggest you reach out to your local Trimble reseller and their support team to investigate this.

They'll need to understand your workflow (to reproduce this) and get the log files from the device. This won't be something we can cover via a forum like this unfortunately

------------------------------
    Tom Harrison

• 3.  RE: TDC600 Issue -- Freezing

Posted 06-08-2023 11:06

Dear Tom,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I and the TDC600 are on vacation away from the home port of Lexington, KY so I can't immediately get to the local Trimble folks. I will call them to see if there is something we can do remotely. The existence of log files is a bright spot for solving a rather dismal problem.

I will s ay that Workflow has nothing to do with this. I start collecting line data – even at a single spot – and the TDC600 runs for a while, collecting position data, and then freezes. Neither the Android phone nor the iPhone do that.

I'm looking for responses from others on the Forum to see if they have had similar experiences. When you say "This won't be something we can cover via a forum like this unfortunately." Does that mean it won't be posted to the Forum so that others can chime in with similar experiences? There is clearly a bug (hardware? firmware? software?) and I need to get to the bottom of it.

I am in the process of producing the 4th edition of my text book

The Global Positioning System and ArcGIS | Michael Kennedy | Taylor & (taylorfrancis.com)

and I sure don't want to publish that the TDC600 fails at a simple task.

Many thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Michael

• 4.  RE: TDC600 Issue -- Freezing

Posted 06-09-2023 04:59

Hi Michael

When I say "This won't be something we can cover via a forum like this..." I'm referring to the general investigation work involved in understanding, re-creating and resolving whatever Issue you are experiencing.

Forums are great platforms for all kinds of comms but aren't well suited to protracted technical Investigations.  

We can post the solution back here for any interested parties following the topic

Tom Harrison